Bluemoon Fitness Thread

@FantasyIreland do you employ any periodisation at all?
No,and i should do :-)

I have just found out exactly why in the last few weeks......with everything going on personally,including the move,ive burnt out a bit(also caught a fever/virus) and am only just recovering in terms of energy/strength.I should have knocked the lifting on the head for a fortnight and switched down to bodyweight sessions/stretching at most.

Its a good suggestion and good advice,pal.

Then cut back on the carbs while retaining the protein,and continue to lift heavy with the occasional super/giant set.

Powders do nothing more than supplement a low protein intake or help with convenience.

Cheers , when I do weights I am just so hungry so I thought the powders may help with the hunger - I would rather avoid them

as I say I am trying to do more cardio (and drink less) to help lose the fat

Cheers , when I do weights I am just so hungry so I thought the powders may help with the hunger - I would rather avoid them

as I say I am trying to do more cardio (and drink less) to help lose the fat

Its difficult to say where youre going wrong without knowing your food intake but basically cut back on refined/processed food and introduce more lean meats/fish and fibrous type carbs.Always start the day with a healthy meal/breakfast - it helps set the tone ;-)

Its difficult to say where youre going wrong without knowing your food intake but basically cut back on refined/processed food and introduce more lean meats/fish and fibrous type carbs.Always start the day with a healthy meal/breakfast - it helps set the tone ;-)

Ok thx - its probably the booze!!!

No,and i should do :-)

I have just found out exactly why in the last few weeks......with everything going on personally,including the move,ive burnt out a bit(also caught a fever/virus) and am only just recovering in terms of energy/strength.I should have knocked the lifting on the head for a fortnight and switched down to bodyweight sessions/stretching at most.

Its a good suggestion and good advice,pal.
It was neither a suggestion nor advice!
I've only just found out what it is after adopting the 'as heavy as possible for x reps' mantra for so long, that, like you, I killed myself and had to enforce some time out.

I've basically now started to adopt PPL but in 3 ways, a lighter one where we'll go for 12-15 reps per exercise, a middle 8-10 and then a heavy 3-5. Main reason i asked was because I'm unsure how long each 'period' should last, 1 week? 2? more?

It was neither a suggestion nor advice!
I've only just found out what it is after adopting the 'as heavy as possible for x reps' mantra for so long, that, like you, I killed myself and had to enforce some time out.

I've basically now started to adopt PPL but in 3 ways, a lighter one where we'll go for 12-15 reps per exercise, a middle 8-10 and then a heavy 3-5. Main reason i asked was because I'm unsure how long each 'period' should last, 1 week? 2? more?
Id suggest while youre making progress,and youre feeling good,on the heavier periods,stick with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.