Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Hit a 230kg rack pull the other day. Was pretty happy with that seeing as I've been cutting down for the past few months. Time to start eating more now though!

Arrgghh!!

To my shame, I haven't worked out in months!!

Duped myself into reaching my goal and then slacking!! Reached my 11 st target and thought 'cool!'!!

NOOO!!

Back on it next week, so filling my head with motivational vids!!
With your name perhaps this post would be more suited to the fatness thread. And when I read your name I always think of Marrowfat peas for some strange reason ; )

So, I'm about to change up my training.

I'm down is sizing due to weight loss via cardio HIIT and I want to gain mass.

The problem is the conflicting information I'm getting online!

As a result I'm considering mixed training of HIIT, body weight and weight training.

I like Jerry Brainum's talk on muscle growth and strength gains and he makes perfect sense to me in my head and where my stage is now.

I'm thinking being older, I have to mix it up to get results.

Keep the body in shock/ intensity.

If you want to gain size, HIIT and Bodyweight exercises are largely out of the question (other than chins).

If you want to gain size, HIIT and Bodyweight exercises are largely out of the question (other than chins).

I keep reading that's not true. It's true I won't gain too much strength from HIIT and body weight, though.

But, will those not give me definition if I mix it with weighted exercise?

I was doing HIIT 6 days out of 7, for roughly 3 months for the weight loss, but it gave me a lot of toning. Not trained in 6 months but that part is still noticeable.

I'm thinking 2 days of, body weight/ weight work and 1 - 2 days of HIIT, rather than 6.

Surely this is reasonable?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.