Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I walked to Mcdonalds in Picadilly Gardens at lunchtime and walked back into Ancoats. Took the top layer of bread off my big Mac as well and had a water instead of a strawberry milkshake. Small steps.

Park run again this Saturday - one day I will get sub 30 mins.

Walking 3km every night with a few 100m sprints thrown in.
800 miles ran now this year, 1000 on the bike and swam 17 miles.
110 lengths done on Tuesday night.
I know this thread was about gym work but I’ve no bloody time for it now...

I'm still doing boxing exercise. Never had an interest in competition and probably never will. Gym for me at the minute looks a bit like this:

- 20 pushups
- 10-15 minutes of exercise bike
- 40 pushups in two sets of 20
- 5 mins of warm up on the heavy bag (jogging on the spot whilst tapping the bag)
- 4-5 rounds of constant movement and sparring the bag, I try for 3 mins per round but can get carried away (the trick is to tap the bag and not wallop it with every punch)
-40 more pushups in two sets of 20
- 30 bicep curls on each arm, 10kg weight.

800 miles ran now this year, 1000 on the bike and swam 17 miles.
110 lengths done on Tuesday night.
I know this thread was about gym work but I’ve no bloody time for it now...

Just be careful on the hips mate. Mate of mine started park run 2 years ago. He was 20 stone mind. Got down to 16 but now needs 2 hip replacements. I don’t think I am designed for running. Was 15 Stone at 16!

Just be careful on the hips mate. Mate of mine started park run 2 years ago. He was 20 stone mind. Got down to 16 but now needs 2 hip replacements. I don’t think I am designed for running. Was 15 Stone at 16!
Thanks mate but I’ve never been over 12 stone, at 5’6” I can’t afford to either, so all joints are fine.
You still do parkrun?

Thanks mate but I’ve never been over 12 stone, at 5’6” I can’t afford to either, so all joints are fine.
You still do parkrun?

Yes most weeks - cant get under 33. Fucking fat fuck! Feel like I am dyeing every time I do it.

How do you guys motivate yourselves to work out?

I struggle with depression and want to restart the Insanity program but I can’t seem to conjure up the motivation to do it.

Whilst my BMI is under 20 (I’m over 6ft and weigh just under 150lbs), I would like to decrease my body fat to as near to 10% as possible. If my scales are accurate, it’s currently 14.2%. :(

I struggle with depression and want to restart the Insanity program but I can’t seem to conjure up the motivation to do it.

Whilst my BMI is under 20 (I’m over 6ft and weigh just under 150lbs), I would like to decrease my body fat to as near to 10% as possible. If my scales are accurate, it’s currently 14.2%. :(

My opinion is that it has to become habit. This might take weeks or months, but you'll reach a point where you end up feeling like doing it even when you're not in the mood.

I've just had a week's break from the gym due to having some family over, i'll get back at it tomorrow. I use a gym at work - I suffer from anxiety/bad nerves (and this is stupid), I almost stopped going to the gym because I was afraid people would think I had a screw loose because all of a sudden i'm in there boxing all the time. Not really connected to your story I know, but I know how easily we can talk ourselves out of doing good things.

Good luck with it! Just do it until it becomes habit.

The endorphins you get after a good workout is the major reason.

Best thing around to combat depression is exercise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.