Bluemoon??

simon23

Team supported
ManCity
When and why did we adpot this as our anthem...ive been trying to think back but cannt seem to nail the time we first started singing it or why????

it was around 1990. Peter Reid scored at Villa Park. From memory the first away win for a while. He mentioned something in his interview after about winning once in a Blue Moon. Also at the same time lots of clubs were adopting old time songs as their anthems.

Palace- Glad All Over
Forest- Cant Help Falling in Love With You
Stoke-Delila

Crewe Also claim we stole it from them- Crewe Moon

Maccblue said:
it was around 1990. Peter Reid scored at Villa Park. From memory the first away win for a while. He mentioned something in his interview after about winning once in a Blue Moon. Also at the same time lots of clubs were adopting old time songs as their anthems.

Palace- Glad All Over
Forest- Cant Help Falling in Love With You
Stoke-Delila

Crewe Also claim we stole it from them- Crewe Moon

hull city also sing this.

I don't know why, but I can vaguely remember when. Early 90's. I remember week after week a small group of fans in the kippax singing it and nobody else joining in. Give them credit for perseverance though, they didn't give up, and eventually it did catch on.

My dad thinks it was said by Peter Reid in an interview after a win at Southampton in November 1991 when we won 3-0 for the first time since 1974 at The Dell.

1st April 1990 at Villa Park. Villa 1 City 2. Same day as start of the Strangeways Riot.

Massive game, was televised on ITV/BBC (can't remember which) and our win effectively ended Villa title chances that year (and cemented our avoidance from relegation)

Mark Ward scored the other goal for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.