Bluemoon

Expectations.

We’ve spent the most, got the top manager in the world, got a team full of stars, have won titles recently and are expected to win against nearly every team out there.

When we don’t, and the bad results build up, the expectations of people are much more disappointed than if you’re Leicester and overachieved over the last 5 years.

In the late 90’s we just expected to be a PL club as a minimum and when that didn’t happen people went mad then.

In the late 00’s we wanted European football, if we’d have fallen short after the investment came in, people would be calling for heads to roll and did. Hughes out vs In came to blows near me in the South Stand, between two idiots that should have acted their ages.

With our resources, not being in the top 2/3 is a massive failure, and I don’t just mean cash, I mean management, facilities, players etc.

Im fucking pissed off at them, at Pep and mostly at our attacking players who are acting like cowards in front of goal. They’re paid top whack to score goals.

This isn’t Corradi signed for £2m or whatever it was and not being paid as a top PL striker, this is Raheem Sterling on £300k a week, missing yet again from 3 yards and costing us dearly.

It’s not fucking good enough and I’ll be dammed if I sit back and pretend it’s okay whilst watching us become the Rags.

I think that this year of all years for a lot of people they don't understand how anyone can make football this important. Being so angry at a team that isn't living up to your expectations feels pointless. Ultimately success/failure in football is fucking irrelevant. If City finish 1st or 5th won't change the day to day lives of anyone on here.

I see so much angry, personal, invective aimed at the club, players, and manager that I can't help but feel some people are completely out of touch with the real world. Go take a walk, breath in some fresh air, and try and enjoy what you've got.

I think that this year of all years for a lot of people they don't understand how anyone can make football this important. Being so angry at a team that isn't living up to your expectations feels pointless. Ultimately success/failure in football is fucking irrelevant. If City finish 1st or 5th won't change the day to day lives of anyone on here.

I see so much angry, personal, invective aimed at the club, players, and manager that I can't help but feel some people are completely out of touch with the real world. Go take a walk, breath in some fresh air, and try and enjoy what you've got.
We can’t do anything at the moment and City is a way out, a focus point for many people.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not waking up angry at Sterling’s lack of ability to score from the edge of the 6 yard box, I just get annoyed watching them.

People can be annoyed and angry about the situation, Covid shouldn’t mean that everything else is completely forgotten and we should lower our standards elsewhere.

When I say I’m pissed off with them, it’s not every waking minute, it’s just when watching them and the same evening, the following day I’m focused on work and other aspects of my life and couldn’t care less.

Others it may be different and I’m really not for people abusing players online to their accounts or anything.

Football is very strange at the moment , i cannot understand anyone who gets passionate by watching it on the television , i know in normal times some fans do not have any alternative living in all parts of the world
But shouting at a TV , or listening to pundits who cannot give a neutral opinion because of their affiliation to their own clubs is transparent and boring.
There is no chance i will be returning to the Etihad until it is safe , and that could be 12-18 months by my reckoning , in the meantime football-lite is just a mild distraction , would rather watch a Stuart Pearce team live than Pep's current under achievers on the telly (maybe that's a bit of a stretch :)

No idea, I think I must be getting old, as I don’t know what any of the acronyms stand for. I don’t have a clue what anyone is talking about half the time.
Arsehole Fans Television. It is a highly sophisticated intellectual operation full of new words like Bruv and Blood.

Ya get me fam?

Arsehole Fans Television. It is a highly sophisticated intellectual operation full of new words like Bruv and Blood.

Ya get me fam?
Robbie is a decent fella and fair play to him for doing it, the mainstream sports media are a joke so fan accounts get my support.

That said, there’s some funny characters on there.

Robbie is a decent fella and fair play to him for doing it, the mainstream sports media are a joke so fan accounts get my support.

That said, there’s some funny characters on there.
I agree and was being slightly sarcastic. I would rather listen to real fans than the dogma produced by the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.