Bluemoon

For me as long as things don't get personal and also about the private life of players I don't see anything wrong with good old banter. It's not like the old days when players were paid just three times what mere mortals are paid - these days you have players earning millions and with that they have to take a bit of criticism now and again. Put it this way If any of us were lucky enough to be paid £130k a week basic plus other major income streams from advertising and product placement I'm sure we could take someone on BM saying something if we don't play well. I got paid £47-50 per week when I played and had to put up with some tasty comments as I was pretty shit in many games.

I'd go further - the humour of some posters on BM is great to read and without it we'd be left with a sterile, woke forum that would be less entertaining. Personally I know I've said some harsh things about Mahrez but quite honestly there are many times he deserves it - one thing I do know, he won't be worrying about it as he whisks himself in his super car to a private jet just to go out on a date in Paris. It's absolutely nothing personal I just happen to think he's a poor player who fails to put in the effort his talent deserves.

90% of posters on BM are good folk and have the right to have an opinion, the ones who get really personal and say stupid stuff on match day forums I suspect follow other clubs or are just miserable buggers. Please keep up the humour guys, it's part of what makes following City fun, it's in our DNA.

broadly speaking, teams have always had a percentage of nay-sayers, a form of attention-seeking, but it was confined to the terraces and letters to local newapapers. Nowadays the internet gives them a loudspeaker which feeds their self-importance, not relevance, but that bit is ignored. It's a cross that has to be borne, though the "ignore" button helps a bit on here.
The brexit thread is altogether different , reflecting the division that splits the country, that gets wider all the time, and the cliff-edge now a certainty and the consequences looming.
Merry Christmas ffs

For me as long as things don't get personal and also about the private life of players I don't see anything wrong with good old banter. It's not like the old days when players were paid just three times what mere mortals are paid - these days you have players earning millions and with that they have to take a bit of criticism now and again. Put it this way If any of us were lucky enough to be paid £130k a week basic plus other major income streams from advertising and product placement I'm sure we could take someone on BM saying something if we don't play well. I got paid £47-50 per week when I played and had to put up with some tasty comments as I was pretty shit in many games.

I'd go further - the humour of some posters on BM is great to read and without it we'd be left with a sterile, woke forum that would be less entertaining. Personally I know I've said some harsh things about Mahrez but quite honestly there are many times he deserves it - one thing I do know, he won't be worrying about it as he whisks himself in his super car to a private jet just to go out on a date in Paris. It's absolutely nothing personal I just happen to think he's a poor player who fails to put in the effort his talent deserves.

90% of posters on BM are good folk and have the right to have an opinion, the ones who get really personal and say stupid stuff on match day forums I suspect follow other clubs or are just miserable buggers. Please keep up the humour guys, it's part of what makes following City fun, it's in our DNA.
Rag :-)

When I first became a regular, many many blue moons ago, there was non stop moaning from the old guys at the back of the Kippax.
When I'm dead and buried, (not long to go!) there will still be moaners. So I say. PEP OUT, bring back Swales, Alan Ball for ever.
Plus ca change. Typical City.

A lot of fans have been spoilt with our performances over the last decade. Bluemoon was known for negativity but now it isn’t any different for many / most of our fans. That said, I’ve sort of missed those posts moaning about Kolarov’s or Navaz’s performances even when they hadn’t featured in a particular game. They were always good for a laugh.

Mahrez seems to get the brunt of the criticism but it’s not as if we’re are watching Rick Holden or Nicky Summerbee.

We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a fuck cos we're all pissed up, MCFC OK

In my years following city I have found many a blue to be moaning twats and many wind up merchants or of a very jovial and jokey nature.

There is plenty of numpties on here bit what do people expect, the forum has nearly 70000 members not a couple of hundred lime the very early days.

Anyway I am off to the angling thread to do some wumming ;-)

Merry bertmass

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.