Bluemoon

Mods please merge

It's what comes when super rich owners takeover and throw billions at a club, the club loses it's soul and changes completely, then expectations rise
Frankly why throw billions at any club unless you want to see improvement.. this isn’t typical City any more and people have every right to see consistency and not the dross we’ve seen at times this season.. if people really can’t live with the bar being set so high (by us and based on recent seasons) then there are lots of lower league clubs who need support

some of the reaction this season is nothing short of aftv ,and people should take a long hard look at themselves, they are showing themselves up, football isnt all about glory, ups and downs and to be honest if you think this is a down then you know fuck all about supporting manchester city.

the place is full of wums and its really about time something was done about them, they feed negativity into every topic, and sadly those weak minded easily led posters get swept up in it, the mods really need to get a grip, because bluemoon resembles a bbc comments page, the match and post match threads are nothing short of a 14 years olds rant on twitter, and these people claim to be adults.

its getting harder and harder to read any topic without the wums infiltrating it, the owner and mods really need to think what they want from bluemoon, because quite frankly its embarrassing, other fans must look at us in the same way we looked and despised united , self entitled hyper children who sway like the wind.

i enjoy other fans on here, its good to get an outside opinion,i genuinely love talking football, but not the sneaky snidy leeches we have on here, and its getting very tiring to wade through the negativity day after day.

think ill stay on the angling page,a rose in a sea of shite, because if im honest its high quality discussion ,advice and thoughts, no wumming , no snide comments, just fishing.
It’s the shock of the speed of our decline that is making us so frustrated. People aren’t on the wind up, they’re genuinely dismayed at how we’re playing.

Once we’ve all got used to our decline in quality, our expectations will likely drop and I think we’ll be more accepting and supportive.

But it’s happened very quickly after the greatest football we, or anyone else, have ever seen in this country. It’ll take time for us to adjust to that.

Also, we’ve had worse reactions over the last decade than we’re seeing now. We had fans calling for Mancini’s head after we were cemented in second place in 2013, and he got the sack. We had the same with Pellegrini after two lacklustre seasons in 2014-15 and 2015-16.

But the size of the decline from the great season from those two managers were smaller than we’re seeing now. We didn’t finish outside the Top4 in any of those seasons but I think we’re looking likely to be on the way to doing so this season.

It’ll just take a bit of time to get our heads around that.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I appreciate the sentiment and understand your frustration, I think it's a tough ask for the mods to censor negative opinions on a footy forum. There will always be opposing views especially about the thing we all love - City.

I'm all for the mods jumping on posters who are abusive or clearly rival fans on the wind-up, but it's a slippery slope if they're asked to wade in on the sentiments of posts submitted by genuine Blues, some of whom disagree with each other.
Yeah, it's a fine line sometimes. What one person sees as wumming, another person sees as legitimate criticism. Moderating the forum after a bad result is always a bit of a nightmare tbh! All we can do is ask users to try and at least be measured in what they say rather than being unnecessarily OTT, and also to report anyone they think is deliberately trolling the forum for us to deal with.

Yeah, it's a fine line sometimes. What one person sees as wumming, another person sees as legitimate criticism. Moderating the forum after a bad result is always a bit of a nightmare tbh! All we can do is ask users to try and at least be measured in what they say rather than being unnecessarily OTT, and also to report anyone they think is deliberately trolling the forum for us to deal with.
What doesn’t help is that a lot of us would get our frustrations out in the ground or in the pub after a few pints. Now we’re all watching from home, which is frustrating even when we’re playing well as you can’t see the whole pitch and all the players and the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.