Bluemoon

Football is cyclical. No team has ever really dominated for any length of time in the PL era (apart from the Rag's, and that was never a level playing field so I'm not counting it).

I've seen us win, I've seen us lose (badly), but at the end of the day City is my club and Manchester is my place of birth. Those two things will never change.

Plenty of analogies we could use to describe our current situation, but I can't be arsed. We can all be a bit miffed at the current state of affairs, but this season however you look at it is not a normal season. Wait until the dust settles after this season and lets see where we are after a proper pre-season and a less compressed fixture schedule.

CTID!!!

There’s plenty of rags lurking alright, but I’ve no issue with genuine fans being critical.

everything isn’t fine. I don’t care if we used to play under Alan ball and should be thankful. That’s terrible thinking from folk stuck in the past.

I don’t care if we lose. I care when we don’t try. And this past year there’s been a lot of that.

rodri looks like he doesn’t give a shit. Mahrez doesn’t look bothered. Even Raz is going through the motions.

I’ve been Gundo and Stones biggest critics but they are the only players we have that look arsed recently.

Pep doesn’t look too worried. Everything is fine apparently.

I really don’t care if we lose. But there’s a “going through the motions” thing that nobody seems willing to address and fans should rightly be allowed to critisize
Agreed. If we lose and every player to a man has put a shift in and the manager has made an effort to change things that aren't working then a I can live with that.
If we lose and its down to blatant individual or a team lacksure couldn't give a shit performance, and the manager has not made any effort to make the subs we can all see are needed then I am going to quite rightly have a bleeding good moan.

I agree with that. We don’t have any disruptive characters as far as I can see in the squad.
However calling for the manager to be sacked in the current climate makes no sense.
It’s not him who’s missing a barn door from 3 paces at the end of the day.
Like it or not we are creating scoring opportunities, just not taking them. It’s not his fault.
As for the “we’re too slow” comment, it’s bloody difficult to play fast when they have 10 behind the ball for 90 mins.
If we were being battered by the opposition and not getting any chances I may agree that the manager has lost it but this is far from our current situation!

He ain’t getting sacked just said it’s not unreasonable to discuss his future, I don’t agree with the cop out excuse that not taking chances isn’t his fault, you could give every manager a pass going down that route. Not the managers fault the keeper let the ball thru his legs, the defender didn’t track his man, the midfielder passing was off. The wide players crosses were poor.

I never said we were too slow so I’m guessing it’s a general theme you are seeing, like pundits getting the ball forward quicker only applies if there is someone to receive it. So'i agree with you on that.

I would be interested to know who you think are the main culprits for missing chances

Having settled down from yesterday, I think many posters have too high expectations of us which is why they are frustrated.

Even though this is "anyone's season", we have lost a lot of important personnel in David Silva and Fernandinho (I consider his peak to be over) and truth be told their replacements in Rodri and Gundogan are simply not good enough. This is poor succession planning and the club rightly deserve criticism for it.

We are also changing our tactics rightly or wrongly and it is going to take time for us to adapt to the new ones. I don't agree with playing the double pivot but I trust Pep to have his reasons for doing so. We might take more games and we will be on and off form and I have accepted it.

Honestly, for me the most important thing would be Pep, Txiki, Khaldoon and Ferran not being happy with where we are because I trust them to get us back to winning ways. My only expectation is for them to raise their hands and say that their recruitment planning, especially for our forwards and midfielders has simply not been good enough. A more aggressive window in terms of sale of players who don't perform this season followed by signing players to replicate the winning formula of 2017-2019 is my only request.

I think it's best to go into this season with ZERO expectations, just blindly support the team and take the results as they come.

He ain’t getting sacked just said it’s not unreasonable to discuss his future, I don’t agree with the cop out excuse that not taking chances isn’t his fault, you could give every manager a pass going down that route. Not the managers fault the keeper let the ball thru his legs, the defender didn’t track his man, the midfielder passing was off. The wide players crosses were poor.

I never said we were too slow so I’m guessing it’s a general theme you are seeing, like pundits getting the ball forward quicker only applies if there is someone to receive it. So'i agree with you on that.

I would be interested to know who you think are the main culprits for missing chances
It’s nobody’s specific fault.
These are all top quality players and I genuinely think there is no lack of effort or desire to win.
This season is a highly unusual. Just look at other teams’ results. No crowds, no break in the season, no preseason, no strikers for the first few months and not getting any lucky breaks (and sorry but yes you do need luck!) are only some of the reasons why results haven’t gone our way.
Some players are underperforming but that will happen in every player’s career - it’s called form.
As I said I would be more worried if we weren’t getting chances.
We do need a new striker as two are not enough especially when Kun is injury prone but I think there is enough quality and desire in our squad and management to have a good season (eventually).

Expectations.

We’ve spent the most, got the top manager in the world, got a team full of stars, have won titles recently and are expected to win against nearly every team out there.

When we don’t, and the bad results build up, the expectations of people are much more disappointed than if you’re Leicester and overachieved over the last 5 years.

In the late 90’s we just expected to be a PL club as a minimum and when that didn’t happen people went mad then.

In the late 00’s we wanted European football, if we’d have fallen short after the investment came in, people would be calling for heads to roll and did. Hughes out vs In came to blows near me in the South Stand, between two idiots that should have acted their ages.

With our resources, not being in the top 2/3 is a massive failure, and I don’t just mean cash, I mean management, facilities, players etc.

Im fucking pissed off at them, at Pep and mostly at our attacking players who are acting like cowards in front of goal. They’re paid top whack to score goals.

This isn’t Corradi signed for £2m or whatever it was and not being paid as a top PL striker, this is Raheem Sterling on £300k a week, missing yet again from 3 yards and costing us dearly.

It’s not fucking good enough and I’ll be dammed if I sit back and pretend it’s okay whilst watching us become the Rags.

It’s nobody’s specific fault.
These are all top quality players and I genuinely think there is no lack of effort or desire to win.
This season is a highly unusual. Just look at other teams’ results. No crowds, no break in the season, no preseason, no strikers for the first few months and not getting any lucky breaks (and sorry but yes you do need luck!) are only some of the reasons why results haven’t gone our way.
Some players are underperforming but that will happen in every player’s career - it’s called form.
As I said I would be more worried if we weren’t getting chances.
We do need a new striker as two are not enough especially when Kun is injury prone but I think there is enough quality and desire in our squad and management to have a good season (eventually).

Sorry mate another one completely ignoring last season. For this season we are better equipped than most if not all. Look at those Stella teams above us.

Agreed. If we lose and every player to a man has put a shift in and the manager has made an effort to change things that aren't working then a I can live with that.
If we lose and its down to blatant individual or a team lacksure couldn't give a shit performance, and the manager has not made any effort to make the subs we can all see are needed then I am going to quite rightly have a bleeding good moan.
Everyone is entitled to moan if they want. (Plenty on here moaned while we were winning titles and cups for fun).
Up until about ten years ago I had given up on ever seeing us win the league and probably also a cup - so the way things have changed I am still just enjoying the ride - Ups and Downs.
Not sure about your comments about players not giving a shit though

again, this thread wasn't about fans moaning, it was about the amount of wums we have, fans are entitled to have a whinge and a moan, wums arent , it was also the way over the top comments, again not whinging, but the over the top stuff and uncalled for comments.

again, this thread wasn't about fans moaning, it was about the amount of wums we have, fans are entitled to have a whinge and a moan, wums arent , it was also the way over the top comments, again not whinging, but the over the top stuff and uncalled for comments.
Again, we need you (the users) to report people you think are wumming so that we can deal with them. That'd be a more constructive way to help address the issue.

Also worth reminding people that there is the "Ignore" function too if someone is really doing your head in (just click their username and then click "Ignore"), just in case you weren't aware it existed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.