Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Albums

Another five that are in my collection and two that I voted for, including my number 1 pick Physical Graffiti, so I obviously think it should be higher in the rankings. It's a sprawling epic double album but there's virtually no filler. Fun fact, Boogie with Stu features Ian Stewart, the original piano player with The Rolling Stones. It's probably the album that I have played the most times and it's definitely the one that I have owned the most copies of: vinyl, cassette, and three c.d. versions, plus I have all the tracks on two Zep anthology c.d.s.

WYWH is the other one in my Top20, my favourite Floyd album, featuring in two parts, my favourite Floyd track.

Physical Graffiti is my favourite Led Zeppelin albums and like you I’ve spent a lot of money on all the formats; vinyl, cd, remastered cd etc. The album has everything from classics like Kashmir, great rock songs like the Rover to simple blues such as Custard Pie. It also contains my all time favourite Zep track Ten Years Gone. I can’t believe it’s not higher.

Reactions: OB1
Love band was a surprise as I have never heard of them
Unlikely any more surprises in top 10

think will need a Death Star to shift the dark side of the moon from the number one slot
For some people if Dark Side Of The Moon isn't number one it will be like the post match thread after City have lost. Too much traffic to get on bluemoon. Demands for a recount. BlueHammer to be sacked. Mahrez and Gundog are shit and not good enough. Be carnage

Love band was a surprise as I have never heard of them
Unlikely any more surprises in top 10

think will need a Death Star to shift the dark side of the moon from the number one slot

Not the only one who didn't know who are Love; doesn't excuse the lack of knowledge of music history though.

I had two of those 5. Wywhy which is superior to the album that will win and Revolver. Physical Graffitti wasn’t in my top 20 because I restricted my picks to one per artist. It is a magnificent album though and fully warrants its place.

Physical Graffiti is my favourite Led Zeppelin albums and like you I’ve spent a lot of money on all the formats; vinyl, cd, remastered cd etc. The album has everything from classics like Kashmir, great rock songs like the Rover to simple blues such as Custard Pie. It also contains my all time favourite Zep track Ten Years Gone. I can’t believe it’s not higher.

Ten Years Gone is a great track - some of Jimmy Page's best work.

T
Not the only one who didn't know who are Love; doesn't excuse the lack of knowledge of music history though.
thats the good of this top 100 album thread, listening to new music which passed me by. Playing love on Alexa yesterday but only one song sounded vaguely familiar
Listening to depeche mode today mainly, not in my to 20 but good

thats the good of this top 100 album thread, listening to new music which passed me by. Playing love on Alexa yesterday but only one song sounded vaguely familiar
Listening to depeche mode today mainly, not in my to 20 but good

I’ve created a Spotify playlist of the 3 most well known songs from each album.
I’ll make it public when we’re finished.

I’ve created a Spotify playlist of the 3 most well known songs from each album.
I’ll make it public when we’re finished.
I have listened to quite a few lps that I liked in this top 100.
Forgot how good Meat is murder was.
The Led Zep lps,good but a lot of run of the mill tracks.
Abbey Road surprised at how much bland stuff is in it.
Nirvana bang average now,Pearl Jam lasted the test of time better.
Pink Floyd,The Wall.Couple of great tracks but a lot of tracks that are average at best.
Ocean Rain still sounds great today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.