Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Albums

Er you mean people have different musical taste to you and liking Rumours indicates nothing one way or the other about musical knowledge. The facts generally are against you as someone else has already posted and indicative that perhaps your musical knowledge is lacking given the critical standing and popularity of the album makes it a top album in every sense.
I meant nothing of the sort.
They have no musical taste, couldn’t really have made myself any clearer I thought?

Just because lots of people bought may be a fact, but it doesn’t make it a great album, nor does it make the gazillions of buyers anymore knowledgeable. Probably bought it knowing other sheep had too.

Feels a bit like mis-placed outrage to me squirty - it's a very good album.........
I can’t think of one decent track on it.
I can’t think of a musician who would pick it out as a point of reference.
It’s bland to the point of being nothing.

Someone posted it won a Grammy in 1978.
Big deal, a soulless MOR album given an award by soulless MOR listeners.

No. 9,8,7. Really quite surprising imo. Have never got the white album love. 30% great 20% good, the rest, meh.
Rumours? Really. Best 10 albums ever made?
Ziggy is a good album but imo, Hunky Dory far superior as is Alladin Sane.
Only six left and so many better albums not yet appeared.

Tend to agree a bit on this. It's a good album with some good songs on it. The fact that 12 people voted for it and most had it at best somewhere low in the Top 10 says it all. On an average score would be lower

Er you mean people have different musical taste to you and liking Rumours indicates nothing one way or the other about musical knowledge. The facts generally are against you as someone else has already posted and indicative that perhaps your musical knowledge is lacking given the critical standing and popularity of the album makes it a top album in every sense.
Mate, it’s pretty bland.

No. 9,8,7. Really quite surprising imo. Have never got the white album love. 30% great 20% good, the rest, meh.
Rumours? Really. Best 10 albums ever made?
Ziggy is a good album but imo, Hunky Dory far superior as is Alladin Sane.
Only six left and so many better albums not yet appeared.

Rumours and Ziggy is worthy of top 10 for me.

agree on White Album

I would say it is understated and a very easy listen which I don't necessarily consider being negatives (granted that's is heavily down to personal preference).

It certainly has a particular vibe or 'feel' to it.

A lot of folksy west coast sounding stuff (if that's how you would describe it?) is and when I listened to it again yesterday I had no inclination to skip a track.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.