Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Albums

I'm a Nicks' fan. I've only got one Buckingham solo album and his collaboration with C.McVie - which is basically F.Mac without Nicks - but I will add some more of his stuff one day. I think LB is underrated as a guitarist.
Yes he sounds fine to me too, but perhaps guitarists (I'm not one) hear something else. After all they tend to rank Mark Knopfler only around thirties in some of these polls too which is mad to me.

I’m partial to a bit of country myself, and by twist of fate I saw Steve Earle at the Barbican about 10 to 15 years ago. Truth be told though, I went along mainly because I knew Mrs Earle (better known as Allison Moorer) would be playing with him....although not in the biblical sense!
Allison Moorer is my favourite country/Americana singer and her “Hardest Part” album made my top 20, although I fear mine was her only vote. Saw her again a couple of years ago at Cadogan Hall in Chelsea, sharing the bill with Shelby Lynne, her sister. I’ve attached one of her older, livelier offerings...with Kenny Greenberg on guitar

Never listened to her but know the name. Anyway, like that so I've just bought Hardest Part and Getting Somewhere.

I do have a Shelby Lynne album.

Yes he sounds fine to me too, but perhaps guitarists (I'm not one) hear something else. After all they tend to rank Mark Knopfler only around thirties in some of these polls too which is mad to me.

Maybe. Sadly I'm not a musician.

Knopfler often gets overlooked in guitar polls. I recall one some years back in a music magazine that specifically excluded him from their top 100 and, IIRC, they also left Blackmore, who I rank alongside EVH, out.

I'm not a huge Dire Straits / Knopfler fan but I've a fair few albums and have seen hinm live with and without Straits and I am often surprised he doesn't get more credit.

Maybe. Sadly I'm not a musician.

Knopfler often gets overlooked in guitar polls. I recall one some years back in a music magazine that specifically excluded him from their top 100 and, IIRC, they also left Blackmore, who I rank alongside EVH, out.

I'm not a huge Dire Straits / Knopfler fan but I've a fair few albums and have seen hinm live with and without Straits and I am often surprised he doesn't get more credit.
I Imagine it has something to do with him inflicting Sultans of swing on the world.......... ;-)

Never listened to her but know the name. Anyway, like that so I've just bought Hardest Part and Getting Somewhere.

I do have a Shelby Lynne album.

Bloody hell, you don’t mess about do you! Getting Somewhere’s not her best unfortunately, but there’s some good stuff on Hardest Part. A lot of her songs are a lot slower and more country tinged than ‘Think It Over’. Here’s “Pardon Me” and “Let Go” for a more representative flavour....

So who's in the top 5?

My Guess

Stone Roses Stone Roses
Oasis Definitely Maybe
Pink Floyd Dark side of the Moon
The Smiths The Queen is Dead
Verve Urban Hymns

Part of the reason Rumours is so good is you have three relationships breaking up all at the same time, especially Buckingham/Nicks, but also the McVies (and Fleetwood's marriage) and they all are writing, singing and playing songs about them, in some cases singing "at" each other. The undercurrent in the "pop" bounciness is quite snippy. That juxtaposition I've never heard as profoundly on any other record.

morning glory is such a of its time album, at the peak of britpop

and its complimented by a sucession of class tracks that don't make the album

such as acquiese, the masterplan, rockin chair to name but a few

although i don't like, roll with it, would of been even better without it

morning glory is such a of its time album, at the peak of britpop

and its complimented by a sucession of class tracks that don't make the album

such as acquiese, the masterplan, rockin chair to name but a few

although i don't like, roll with it, would of been even better without it

Arn't those 3 songs on the Masterplan album?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.