Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Albums

I saw the Ned’s at Trent Poly in 89-90, supporting Jesus Jones, the energy on stage was what did it for me... and it was also a ‘moment’
Jon of Neds still lives around here and is trying to get some gigs and small venues going again. He's a good lad. Seen some wheelie bins in the area with the Neds logo on as well.

Indeed . Same with my number 1.

but that’s the point of this (kudos BH). It’s a personaly subjective top 20. My (or anyone’s top 20), might not be the best best top 20 albums ever, but they are 20 albums that mean something to me personally.

That’s the way I approached it too, though I leaned a bit in the direction of records I enjoy rather than mean something if I had to choose — most records I had were both. But Chumbawumba’s Tubthumping was in there because I still play it for fun instead of Roxy Music’s Siren which I also love but meant more to me as a record that reminded me of a failed relationship, and I don’t play as much anymore, just as an example.

I like Floyd and the Smiths, both a lot. I think some of Morrissey's turns-of-phrase are very clever. DSOTM is a lovely record (thank you, Alan Parsons).

However, ain't no one in either band who is any kind of "genius." They're pop musicians.

DSOTM bemoans how difficult life is for rich, popular rock stars, boo friggetty hoo.

Though I suppose whining and complaining is timeless (look at the post I'm writing right now!)
It's sad but unhappy musicians produce better music...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.