Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Albums

To me the final order is a shocker but Welcome to Manchester!

The thing I love about TSR is how much my wife loves it too. We often don’t see eye to eye on music but when that thing came out I think we played it for months any time we were in the car together.

Just missed out on my top 20 really for the simple reason that I played it so often its novelty wore off. But in hono(u)r of the poll it will be my workout record today!

@BlueHammer85 fantastic work and thank you! This and the song poll have been very, very welcome distractions for me over here 5500 miles away in a nation that shall we say is somewhat on a knife’s edge at the moment. Well done to all the contributors too.

My submission to BH for what it's worth...........

I'll never be happy so here goes (can't even bring myself to narrate them either) - not even a fag paper between most of these;

20 - 100% Columbian
Fun lovin' criminals

19 - Rage against the machine
Rage against the machine

18 - Pills thrills and bellyaches
Happy Mondays

17 - Urban Hymns
The Verve

16 - Second Coming
Stone Roses
(Tin hat firmly on to protect me from all the Stone Roses nutters)

15 - (What's the story) morning glory?
Oasis

14 - Dark side or the moon
Pink Floyd

13 - Deja vu
Crosby Stills & Nash

12 - Beggars banquet
Rolling Stones

11 - Screamadelica
Primal Scream

10 - K
Kula Shaker

9 - Physical graffiti
Led Zeppelin

8 - After the Goldrush
Neil Young

7 - Led Zeppelin llll
Led Zeppelin

6 - L.A. woman
The Doors

5 - Tonight's the night
Neil Young

4 - Let it bleed
Rolling Stones

3 - Harvest
Neil Young

2 - Who's next
The Who

1 - Quadraphenia
The Who

(Ideally about the first 5 or so would all have been ranked 1)...........

It's been said a lot already but a big thank you and fair play to @BlueHammer85

Good list. I've got the top 17 albums in my collection and something by the other three bands.

A really enjoyable thread many thanks to @BlueHammer85 for all your hard work mate :)

It was inevitable the Roses would win.

It's the best album on the planet and it'll never be bettered.
I can't fault your excellent choice but having been listening to DSOTM for 40 years, it's the album that means most to me. A Timeless classic.

I was tempted to drag out the dictionary definition of bland the other day but suffice to say it doesn't apply to Rumours for reasons you neatly summarise.

I must also add that I must have missed the memo about only being able to include albums of artistic merit and made the criminal error of voting for the albums I enjoy listening to the most.
And here’s me thinking it’s a discussion forum?
My bad.

let’s all fawn over Rumours instead, much more healthy

And here’s me thinking it’s a discussion forum?
My bad.

let’s all fawn over Rumours instead, much more healthy

Rather strange response.

No one has said or implied it's not a discussion forum. However, if you essentially insult some of us with comments like this:

"that‘s twelve on this thread voting with absolutely no musical taste/knowledge whatsoever"

don't be surprised when people bite back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.