Bluemoon's Official Top 100 Albums

Not one for me in the charting (I wasn't surprised as my choices are based on deep concepts, lyrically, mostly)...

In NO particular order...

1 GOAT RODEO SESSIONS - GOAT RODEO SESSIONS

2 ICE CUBE - AMERIKKKA'S MOST WANTED

3 PUBLIC ENEMY - FEAR OF A BLACK PLANET

4 RICHARD ASHCROFT - HUMAN CONDITIONS

5 JERU THA DAMAJA - THE SUN ALSO RISES

6 BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONS - THE BLUEPRINT

7 TALK TALK - SPIRIT OF EDEN

8 ROBERT CRAY BAND - TIME WILL TELL

9 ERIC CLAPTON - JOURNEYMAN

10 TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY 0 INTRODUCING THE HARDLINE

11 SEAL - SEAL

12 ROBERT CRAY BAND - TWENTY

13 PRINCE - DIRTY MIND

14 BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - THE RISING

15 SEAL - HUMAN BEING

16 WU-TANG CLAN - ENTER THE WU-TANG

17 MILES DAVIS - ROUND MIDNIGHT

18 PAUL SIMON - GRACELAND

19 GORILLAZ - PLASTIC BEACH

20 DAVID BOWIE - HEROES

Never really thought about it until now, but whilst I picked some albums that had an influence to my ear, I would have had to have a deep think about what changed me as a person. That would have been too long!

Also, I'm quite surprised my, somewhat, unexplored choices are split quite evenly along a race demographic, but no women? Even when I thought of one another artist forced them back a bit.

I surprised myself!

A nice change of direction as there is zero chance that the Roses finish top when it comes to live performances........... ;-)

The Happy Mondays, at their peak, should absolutely fuck that poll all over the place.

They were fucking magnificent live.

@manimanc and @nickmcfc1 will no doubt have some words of wisdom on the topic of live performances.

Agree with you about the Monday's, proper show from a proper band.

The Charlatans are right up there for live performances and James also.

I'd also throw in Depeche Mode for being great live, seen them about 10 times.

Doves are magnificent live too, really tight and sound perfect, can't wait to see them next year in fact.

The Roses live performances aren't up there for me but just seeing the four of them walking out together on stage again at Heaton Park after thinking I might never see it was enough for me, Ian Brown live isn't Pavarotti as we know but the other three carry him through.

I'd also like to put forward The Saw Doctors live are very very good, full of energy and full of belting songs.

Over to you @Stoned Rose.

Agree with you about the Monday's, proper show from a proper band.

The Charlatans are right up there for live performances and James also.

I'd also throw in Depeche Mode for being great live, seen them about 10 times.

Doves are magnificent live too, really tight and sound perfect, can't wait to see them next year in fact.

The Roses live performances aren't up there for me but just seeing the four of them walking out together on stage again at Heaton Park after thinking I might never see it was enough for me, Ian Brown live isn't Pavarotti as we know but the other three carry him through.

I'd also like to put forward The Saw Doctors live are very very good, full of energy and full of belting songs.

Over to you @Stoned Rose.

Totally agree re The Charlatans, James and Doves mate. Real bands who can really play.

The Inspirals have always nailed it every time I've seen them. Really tight, especially the drumming and vocals.

Madness have been immense every time I've seen them and they also "entertain" visually and put on a great spectacle.

Others I've come away from thinking "proper band" are Editors, Elastica and Tricky.

The Happy Mondays, at their peak, should absolutely fuck that poll all over the place.

@manimanc and @nickmcfc1 will no doubt have some words of wisdom on the topic of live performances.

Lots of great live performances but in terms of live albums 2 that spring to mind straight away are The Band Last Waltz and Joy Division at Les Bains Douches. And anything by Kiss of course

Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous my favourite live lp.
Ryan Adam's has loads of great live shows on Ryan Adam's archives.
The Drive by Truckers have a great live album as well.
Cannot believe I missed them out in my top 20 list as well with The Southern Rock Opera.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.