Bluemoon's Official Top 100 TV Shows

At least some of your top 20 are appearing in the list now.

3 for me so far, confident another 11 will appear somewhere, less so my other 6.

3 for me too. I'm only confident about 4 more might appear.

Of course there are exceptions - I love Curb Your Enthusiasm - but the very best of American comedy isn't as funny to me and many other English people as a quite good English comedy. You simply can't tell a person wat they should find funny.
I appreciate all that — my point is Seinfeld IS the exception. It’s ironic that you call out CYE — CYE doesn’t exist without Seinfeld, since the success of Seinfeld both stylistically and pragmatically is what allowed Larry David to do CYE, since he co-created and co-wrote Seinfeld. There are going to be American comedies on this list that are higher than Seinfeld too. Not for me though.

My number 1 comes in at number 55...
Hang your heads in shame BM
Relying on Crackerjack now to come 2nd..

Would point you towards ZeroZeroZero instead

At the moment I am still watching stuff on dvd rather than streaming but will certainly give this series a go when the time comes.

I actually have a (so far unread) copy of the book.

Which reminds me: Saviano’s Gomorrah is a first-rate read and different from both the film and the superb original movie in the sense that it provides a lot of fascinating additional information on what the Camorra get up to.

I appreciate all that — my point is Seinfeld IS the exception. It’s ironic that you call out CYE — CYE doesn’t exist without Seinfeld, since the success of Seinfeld both stylistically and pragmatically is what allowed Larry David to do CYE, since he co-created and co-wrote Seinfeld. There are going to be American comedies on this list that are higher than Seinfeld too. Not for me though.
I feel so proud of myself. This makes it twice in the past year that I've had a debate on here with someone without resorting to childish name calling.

My best mate at high school and into my 20's absolutely loved Seinfeld and tried so hard to get me into it but it never resonated with me.

Not commented yet but am enjoying the thread, have two so far, Red Riding which I thoroughly enjoyed, it had a great cast and the depressing seventies/eighties settings reminded me of my youth.

My other pick so far is Rising Damp, a very well written and set sitcom with four main characters that are all played superbly, with Leonard Rossiters seedy landlord Rigsby being the best. A good mix of both verbal and visual comedy, and my dvd set still gets a veiwing now and again.

Have also realised that by not watching much telly for the past ten years or so I have been missing out, and my trust in the knowledgable members on BM will have me seeking out some of the more recent box sets.such as Vikings, The Bridge and Rome.

A few so far that I might have included on another day are I Claudius,(which Lovebites gave a great review of) the X Files which I really enjoyed at the time, and Blue Planet.

One that I couldnt finish was Lost, was intriuged at first and like a couple of characters, but after a while it seemed like it was being made up as it went along, almost like it was more popular than they hoped and then they had to make it longer than intended. We have the whole lot though and the wife loved it so may give it another chance yet, and I dont know the ending, so all good.

In fact, the wife would have had about five or six so far inc , Lost, Prime Suspect and twenty Four, but she watches way more telly than me(Im always on here!!).

Looks like you done it again BlueHammer, nice one:)

Incidentally, I've just soldiered through all five seasons of Better Call Saul, which I suppose will place fairly high. Quite interesting, but by God I found it slow, with dead periods in nearly every episode (intermingled with good scenes, too, let's be fair) in which I found it all too easy to get up, make myself a cup of tea, check on what the football scores were, make that phone call that I'd been deferring all day, etc., etc.

I feel so proud of myself. This makes it twice in the past year that I've had a debate on here with someone without resorting to childish name calling.

My best mate at high school and into my 20's absolutely loved Seinfeld and tried so hard to get me into it but it never resonated with me.

Ha, well done, me too.

Good luck with being able to say that on the football threads proper, you two. Especially Player Performances. The quality of debate goes into free fall as soon as you put one wrong foot one millimetre to the right or left, I find.

(And as for the Brexit thread!! I stay well clear of that one)

Incidentally, I've just soldiered through all five seasons of Better Call Saul, which I suppose will place fairly high. Quite interesting, but by God I found it slow, with dead periods in nearly every episode (intermingled with good scenes, too, let's be fair) in which I found it all too easy to get up, make myself a cup of tea, check on what the football scores were, make that phone call that I'd been deferring all day, etc., etc.

probably my favourite show of all time. i love the pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.