Bluemoon's Official Top 100 TV Shows

I appreciate all that — my point is Seinfeld IS the exception. It’s ironic that you call out CYE — CYE doesn’t exist without Seinfeld, since the success of Seinfeld both stylistically and pragmatically is what allowed Larry David to do CYE, since he co-created and co-wrote Seinfeld. There are going to be American comedies on this list that are higher than Seinfeld too. Not for me though.
Opinions eh.
Larry's gang are a lot funnier than Seinfeld's.
Not for me Seinfeld.Not close to CYE.

Good luck with being able to say that on the football threads proper, you two. Especially Player Performances. The quality of debate goes into free fall as soon as you put one wrong foot one millimetre to the right or left, I find.

(And as for the Brexit thread!! I stay well clear of that one)
I developed a bit of a superstition a month or two ago of posting a simple “FFS Mahrez” as soon as the team was announced whether he was playing or not.

I learned one Saturday afternoon that I was a cockwomble, wasn’t funny, was boring and a ****.

I appreciate all that — my point is Seinfeld IS the exception. It’s ironic that you call out CYE — CYE doesn’t exist without Seinfeld, since the success of Seinfeld both stylistically and pragmatically is what allowed Larry David to do CYE, since he co-created and co-wrote Seinfeld. There are going to be American comedies on this list that are higher than Seinfeld too. Not for me though.
Which one do you think Larry David would put higher? Because everything I've heard from him suggests that Curb is basically what he wanted Seinfeld to be originally, but he was forced to compromise by the studio. I really like Seinfeld, but I think Curb is the better show.

It's worth mentioning that Seinfeld wasn't widely shown in the UK. I think it was on BBC Two pretty late at night and then never put on again, compared to something like Friends, the Simpsons or Fresh Prince which were massively promoted and then repeated ad infinitum at prime time.

It's worth mentioning that Seinfeld wasn't widely shown in the UK. I think it was on BBC Two pretty late at night and then never put on again
Good recall.

I vaguely recollect Seinfeld on BBC2 after the Larry Sanders show around 11pm, during the midweek. Then later series bounced onto CH4, showing at 1am.

Last edited:
Incidentally, I've just soldiered through all five seasons of Better Call Saul, which I suppose will place fairly high. Quite interesting, but by God I found it slow, with dead periods in nearly every episode (intermingled with good scenes, too, let's be fair) in which I found it all too easy to get up, make myself a cup of tea, check on what the football scores were, make that phone call that I'd been deferring all day, etc., etc.

That's the very beauty of it, the slow. Expecting constant attempts at action is missing the point a bit. Maybe not for everyone but the pace is what has made it so popular and acclaimed, and what makes the big parts work. And click into place.

Probably been said before, but how many ended up taking part on the survey?

I.e only 6 had the shield, 6 out of how many?

it is not like people had it particularly low, just that not many had it at all.

Just had a quick count up. 6 of mine in the first 50.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.