Blues guitar

Well I woke up this morning, is that bastard still alive?
Yeah I woke up this morning and said, is that bastard still alive?
With what he did with my favourite band
Made me wish the twat had died.

We'll have jelly and ice cream if I can keep this going for another 7 years.

I agree with OB1 about the album with Tommy Bolin called Come Taste the Band. A good album but not a DP album

Anyway back on topic.....................

That's the perfect description of Come Taste the Band: it's not a Purple album (or a Blues one so we are probably off colour with this debate).

Warren Haynes can play any type of rock well and that certainly includes Blues Rock. Fabulous guitar player. Saw Govt Mule a few years back and they were great.
right on, would love to see Gov't Mule. I'v got a lot of concert stuff and man can those guys jam!
Not the same type of guitarist, but on the concert front we are going to see Steve Hackett do one of his Genesis Revisited concerts Fri. night.

Reactions: OB1
right on, would love to see Gov't Mule. I'v got a lot of concert stuff and man can those guys jam!
Not the same type of guitarist, but on the concert front we are going to see Steve Hackett do one of his Genesis Revisited concerts Fri. night.

Only time I've seen Hackett was at a Jack Bruce Tribute Gig. Can't recall what song he played on but he was very impressive.

Enjoy.

Hard to disagree about the man’s talent on guitar but I could never get into his voice. No doubting he was one of the best guitarists ever - way ahead of his time.

Does Gilmour count as a blues guitarist? He had a real blues feel to his playing and his solos were second to none
Have to say Gilmore is my 2nd favourite. His solos are something else. The only problem I have with him is that in his live performances he always seem to just play note for note the recorded versions, I always thought live they should try to expand on the recorded versions.

Have to say Gilmore is my 2nd favourite. His solos are something else. The only problem I have with him is that in his live performances he always seem to just play note for note the recorded versions, I always thought live they should try to expand on the recorded versions.

yes a bit like Brian May. Page frustrates me as he’s the complete opposite - never plays the same solo twice!

Bit clicky with the plectrum don't you think?
Love Led Zeppelin, but some of their live gigs are not for me. 10 minute drum solos and guitar solos with no relevance to the song. This is where Gilmore excels. His music hits you in your soul and takes you to the stars, then he brings it back to the song. He plays in a way whereby his one exquisite note melts you more than blinding u with technique. His bending of strings by 1.5 to 2 steps really gives it a cosmic effect. However I stand by my point that he seems to play within himself and plays safe when playing live.
I really rate Mike mccready from Pearl Jam. His solos are very very under rated and has a great balance of technique and taste.
Like Football, music is all about taste and personal preferences

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.