Blues guitar

So do you count Page or is he in the rock category. First two Zep albums are some of the best blues guitar I’ve heard.

I love Gallagher’s guitar but never liked his voice. Same goes for Stevie Ray Vaughn. If I had to pick a solo guitarist who was purely blues it would probably be Joe Bonamassa
Yes I agree about page,particularly on 1 where they were covering a lot of classics. Haven’t listened to Joe Bonamassa but will since you mentioned him.

Buddy guy possibly? its a subjective thing i suppose it all depends on what style of blues you like .

as a result of a recent trip to Ireland, I have reacquainted myself with that exceptional guitarist Rory Gallagher (they have just released a quadruple album of his work called Blues). My god he was just so good. So natural and a true great. I would put him up there with Clapton in terms of his feel for the blues, his technique is pretty amazing too. So who is the best ever? BB King? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters? Clapton? Gallagher? I’m talking blues here, not general rock. What do others think?
For me BB King, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker are more traditional Blues, Gallagher not traditional rock but more of a blues / rock crossover guitarist. Up there with the best though.
Joe Bonamasa of the current guitarists, especially like the Black Country Communion albums.

so any new Blues guitarists out there? i like a bit of Samantha Fish and Joanna Shaw Taylor .

Got to see him two or three times at the Free Trade Hall, he never disappointed
Nice one mate. He is one that I sadly missed. Seemed like a genuine guy from the documentaries of his life I have watched recently. His music was different but he reminds me a bit of the vibe Bruce Springsteen gives at his concerts. Very down to earth and 'one of the people'. Maybe I have that wrong though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.