Blues guitar

Peter Green has to be worth a shout. Saw him at the Ritz with the Splinter Band about 20-25 years ago and a few weeks later supporting BB King at the Nynex/MEN/Whatever-it-was-called-at-time Arena.

Nice one mate. He is one that I sadly missed. Seemed like a genuine guy from the documentaries of his life I have watched recently. His music was different but he reminds me a bit of the vibe Bruce Springsteen gives at his concerts. Very down to earth and 'one of the people'. Maybe I have that wrong though.
No, you haven’t got it wrong.
He was so unassuming but what a guitarist

SRV was a master of that southern style.
I started guitar very late in life. Picked it up again recently after not touching it for two years and the first thing I wanted to learn was SRV Cold Shot.
Simple boogie shuffle but so effective.
Same with Change It. Looks so simple but not everyone can get that feel.

Dirty Pool.....
Well beyond my talent but even experts say their hand cramps up trying to maintain that technique for more than 20 seconds or so.

Love it.
I’m a mediocre guitarist. I ‘ve been playing about 30 years but after a while I stopped progressing. I stopped at the point where I had to learn scales and know how to transpose them across different keys
SRV was a great guitarist who died tragically . He played with really heavy gauge strings and made his Strat sound brilliant. Always struggled with his voice but his playing was superb

as a result of a recent trip to Ireland, I have reacquainted myself with that exceptional guitarist Rory Gallagher (they have just released a quadruple album of his work called Blues). My god he was just so good. So natural and a true great. I would put him up there with Clapton in terms of his feel for the blues, his technique is pretty amazing too. So who is the best ever? BB King? John Lee Hooker? Muddy Waters? Clapton? Gallagher? I’m talking blues here, not general rock. What do others think?

Saw Rory G live a couple of times in late 70's and he was superb. Those gigs were absolute riots: the boy could get a crowd going. Much preferred him live to Clapton: far more energy. Clapton does make playing the guitar look easy though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.