Blues guitar

Also brilliant
Saw him at the Free Trade Hall the night before the League Cup Final in 76

I saw Trower at FTH but I think it was 1975. I do have the ticket but it's actually stuck to a piece of card and you can only see the back of it, which has his autograph on it. His playing was brilliant. Another wild night at the FTH, surely one of the greatest venues this country ever had.

Yes I agree about page,particularly on 1 where they were covering a lot of classics. Haven’t listened to Joe Bonamassa but will since you mentioned him.

Bonamassa is an astonishingly good technician; he doesn't just play Blues either. His group with Glen Hughes and Jason Bonham (Black Country Communion) is a rock group.

End of thread .....R.I.P Stevie
131003_stevieray.jpg

Was lucky enough to see him at the FTH.

Saw Rory G live a couple of times in late 70's and he was superb. Those gigs were absolute riots: the boy could get a crowd going. Much preferred him live to Clapton: far more energy. Clapton does make playing the guitar look easy though.
I saw Clapton this year at the RAH. He is a complete genius but zero engagement with the audience. I wish I had seen Rory live.

Reactions: OB1
Bonamassa is an astonishingly good technician; he doesn't just play Blues either. His group with Glen Hughes and Jason Bonham (Black Country Communion) is a rock group.
Glen Hughes? Did he not play bass for Deep Purple?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.