"Boateng isn't a right back'

Its actually hard to label him since he can play anywhere across the back 4.

He can play anywhere on the right side. His size can be utilized in the middle, but sadly his pace and crossing is wasted as a center.

Tough dilemma between him and Richards.

NewbBlue said:
He can play anywhere on the right side. His size can be utilized in the middle, but sadly his pace and crossing is wasted as a center.

good problem to have. I wonder where this leaves Zab?! Mancio seems to like playing him in midfield, but he's way down the selection list there.

I believe he's been quoted as saying his preferred position is a center-back, but I think he will be playing primarily on the right. It's a nice assurance to know that if any of our center backs do falter, he could fill in and Zaba could play right though

smiles said:
NewbBlue said:

good problem to have. I wonder where this leaves Zab?! Mancio seems to like playing him in midfield, but he's way down the selection list there.

Good question. Sorry to say it, but Zab really isn't in their league based on current form.

The lad is just a class defender anywhere across the back, but even though he set the goal up with that superb run and cross, when at right back, I think the whole defence looked better and more assured when he was in the centre. Against Spurs, I'd like to see us play with exactly the same back four that started yesterday.
On a side note, I watched it on ESPN yesterday, and the commentators were drooling about our versatility, and there right, we seem to have so many players that can play in different positions and different systems, they couldn't get over the size of our players either, we've got some massive units here now.

Lomas has a lob on said:
The lad is just a class defender anywhere across the back, but even though he set the goal up with that superb run and cross, when at right back, I think the whole defence looked better and more assured when he was in the centre. Against Spurs, I'd like to see us play with exactly the same back four that started yesterday.
On a side note, I watched it on ESPN yesterday, and the commentators were drooling about our versatility, and there right, we seem to have so many players that can play in different positions and different systems, they couldn't get over the size of our players either, we've got some massive units here now.

So true, he looks like a superb defender.

Hope he starts at Centre half and Micah at right back.

ESPN were drooling and after having previously slated Craig Burley on his anti-City commentary I would have to say he was very fair last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.