Boateng wants out

SWP's back said:
Bigga said:
*shakes head*

Pretty close to being ashamed reading this thread...
Man the fuxk up

I'll tell you for why, shall I??

Many a time I've come across other football forums that have slagged a player off as he prepares to leave. The indiscriminate name calling often led me to believe that these fans were total d*ckheads just because a player has indicated to move on. Now, me personally, haven't slagged Tévez off, I just want him to move, so we can just get on, as a club. The same applies to JB.

If he wants to move, shrug your shoulders cos it's not like he's leaving a huge irreplaceable gap!

I never thought City fans would act like other sets of fans, but hey! I take off my Blue coloured specs now and see we ARE like any other set!

I guess it just comes as a naive surprise...

Pigeonho said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Quality footballer with colossal potential. Still think he'll go on to be one of the best centre halves in Europe and I'll be very disappointed if he goes, destroyed if he's replaced by gary cahill
At least Cahill might put in a performance though. I don't have any lasting memories of Boateng, good or bad. I think Cahill is getting some infair stick before he's even here really, he's a solid player. Not saying he's first team quality but in a rotation system or simply as back up, i'll be happy to have him. Was really surprised when Villa got rid so easily.

1 season. Out for most of it with injury. If he wants to go to that league, then fair enough. The weather's no better, the standard of football is worse, the culture is hardly going to draw him in.

Perhaps he just wants to move back home. But that's not what he's said.

GStar said:
Pigeonho said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Perhaps he just wants to move back home. But that's not what he's said.

I suspect that exactly what he wants to do , after all we pinched him from under Bayerns noses when we signed him.

If Bayern can offer him a place in their side in his chosen postion then that will also go in their favour , and i suspect he beieves that will happen there ..... there have been times at City when players , including Boateng , haven't been offered that luxury.

To be honest he probably feels he hasn't done himself justice here in his fleeting appearances ..... he does look sluggish at times , and a bit naive when up against players who have a quicker speed of thought , and turn of pace.

But then again , so did Corluka at times!

He has a ton of potential. Both he and Richards need to work on their skills going forward, however Richards has showed much more potential as of late. We can chalk some of this to the fact that, since Boateng was injured, Richards got more playing time.

While I agree that Boateng has looked much less aggressive and frankly less competent at RB, he has not really had much of a chance to grow in the league. I believe someone threw out the number 16.. as in number of games played in the Prem. This is not enough to really tell the potential of a player for the long term.

If he truly wants to leave, let him. And Tevez, too, if that is the case. We do not need players who do not want to be here.

For those who feel we are missing out on a potentially world class center back...
Lescott - played extremely well, in spite of a rather poor start for the club. I would not be upset to see him get more PT.
Boyata - Far more potential that Boateng, Lescott, AND Richards, IMO. He screwed up very badly against Arsenal, and has not really seen as much playing time since. I feel like he could be a long-term reliable partner for Vinnie.
Zabaleta - The man has proved that he can play in almost every position... barring the attack. If he was thrown into CB or RB he would be more effective than Boateng by a long shot. I honestly think he could play keeper if it was really necessary.

3 capable players for that spot, plus he wants to go (quote) = let him go AND MAKE A FING PROFIT FOR ONCE!!!!!

Pigeonho said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Quality footballer with colossal potential. Still think he'll go on to be one of the best centre halves in Europe and I'll be very disappointed if he goes, destroyed if he's replaced by gary cahill
At least Cahill might put in a performance though. I don't have any lasting memories of Boateng, good or bad. I think Cahill is getting some infair stick before he's even here really, he's a solid player. Not saying he's first team quality but in a rotation system or simply as back up, i'll be happy to have him. Was really surprised when Villa got rid so easily.

He's a young lad, in a new country and a new league, who's suffered a lot of injuries this season.

You might take you Cahill but in a couple of years time we'll see how things pan out. My moneys on the young, highly rated established german international who's wanted by german giants bayern munich turning out to be a top player, and not the 26 year old no mark aston villa reject bolton loser gary cahill

He was bought with right-back as his intended position, that's the whole confusing part, he knew it, also.

He was scouted to fit our system because the manager didn't fancy Micah at the time.

Boateng played left-back for Germany last year and was duly subbed when moved in his final game to centre-back, for being absolute gash.

So what can we get from these findings.

Somebody at City can't scout.

Boateng can't play right-back,

Germany don't think he can play centre-back and he stands out at left-back against a piss-poor Australia, where Ozil kept the ball on his own for the majority of the game.

All became clear when this fraud turned up for the FA Cup Final with a pair of thick-rimmed black spectacles.

Absolute shit. Full stop.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
He was bought with right-back as his intended position, that's the whole confusing part, he knew it, also.

He was scouted to fit our system because the manager didn't fancy Micah at the time.

Boateng played left-back for Germany last year and was duly subbed when moved in his final game to centre-back, for being absolute gash.

So what can we get from these findings.

Somebody at City can't scout.

Boateng can't play right-back,

Germany don't think he can play centre-back and he stands out at left-back against a piss-poor Australia, where Ozil kept the ball on his own for the majority of the game.

All became clear when this fraud turned up for the FA Cup Final with a pair of thick-rimmed black spectacles.

So, have I understood you correctly Tolmie......you really rate him and want Boateng to stay and become club captain??

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Which is why the biggest club in Germany are so desperate to sign him...

I'll give you the daft glasses though, he looked a twat there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.