Bob Dylan

Given Bob was on tour, and literally thousands of miles away for much of the period the accuser says she was a prisoner, it seems very unlikely there's any truth in these allegations. Bob does not deserve to have any shadow cast on his reputation from what we've heard so far.
With somebody so famous, when an historical accusation is made, it is usually the case that others come out of the woodwork. After all, guys who abuse youngsters usually make a habit of it, one offs are rare.
I woud be very sceptical of this woman if nobody else comes forward. Not dismissive, just sceptical.

I had sex with a 15 year old when I was 17. Maybe illegal, but we were mates through her elder sister and she had great tits.
And before you ask, yes.
We lads used to have lurid conversations about the size and quality of the various 'Conquests' we made in our early teens, girls anatomies were discussed with slavering relish.
All in all, a typical bunch of filthy rascals, like most others.

I had sex with a 15 year old when I was 17. Maybe illegal, but we were mates through her elder sister and she had great tits.
And before you ask, yes.
Nice one fella, i admire you're brazen honesty. I would have myself had i been plucky enough at that age. I was 15 before i got my first tit gropes or any heavy petting.

Heavy petting, blimey eh. Showing my age now cos all the baths i went to had a 'must refrain from heavy petting sign' on display. A chance would have been a fine thing : (

how on earth do they go about trying to investigate an incident like this 56 years ago ?
I can’t remember what I did five or six days ago, sometimes. How can witnesses even begin to remember details of incidents from five or six decades ago?

The last 5 pages on this thread were dominated by reports of a court case brought in August 2021 by a woman alleging that Dylan abused her over a six-week period in 1965 when she was 12 years old. That case has now been withdrawn "with prejudice", meaning that it can never be reinstated. Report here from The Hollywood Reporter: Bob Dylan Abuse Accuser Drops Case. The court found that the plaintiff was not only refusing to hand over emails and text messages that purportedly case doubt over her case but that she'd also destroyed those materials.

There was actually quite a lot about this that didn't smell right from the start. First, there's plenty of evidence that, in the six-week period in which he allegedly groomed the complainant in New York, he was barely in the city. Indeed, he spent a part of it on tour in the UK and then on holiday in continental Europe. She subsequently amended her pleading to allege a wider interval when the alleged abuse happened, but it's hardly convincing.

(As an aside, it's often seemed to irritate Dylan - and perhaps understandably so - that he has a whole raft of obsessive loons among his fanbase who know far more about his life than he does. Maybe this is one occasion when he might actually have been grateful for it.)

Second, although the reports were subsequently deleted as they were presumably prejudicial to the conduct of the case, a couple of news stories identifying the complainant originally appeared online shortly after the case was originally filed last August. They claimed that the woman in question was a self-avowed faith-healer and clairvoyant who'd previously encouraged clients of hers to make similar allegations about John Lennon and Ozzy Osbourne as well as Dylan, notwithstanding that Lennon was already dead when his purported misdeeds took place.

I should declare my interest in this case, which is that I'm a great fan and admirer of Dylan so would prefer these allegations to be untrue. Everything about this case that's in the public domain does suggest that, IMO. Perhaps he's guilty of other stuff that may become public knowledge now that an accusation has been made against him and disposed of by the court, but that can only be judged as and when it comes to the fore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.