Bobby Charlton. Serious question.

strongbowholic said:
As much as I despise the arrogant, baldie, geordie ticket touting tw*t, I hope he's not ill. God forgive me for saying this, but they'll be a bloody national day of mourning should he joss it and it will be toe curling.

We will get every pass, shot on target, goal scored, every strand of hair blowing in the wind for months.

I didn't watch MotD for obvious reasons, but by mid-evening I had seen the Ginger Pig score nine headers, excluding the live one.

Bobby Bloody BaldBonce will get a niche in Westminster Abbey, Poet's Corner, they will probably kick out the Unknown Soldier and put a bit of him in there. Remind me, next time I'm in the Abbey I'll jump up and down on the bastard.

And I tell you now, MCFC, if there's any flag at Sport City draped at halfmast, there'll be shit to pay!

Now Duncan Edwards, well . . . . . . .

strongbowaholic - will you ever cease to post sentences that make me laugh my f**king arse off?? that's the first time in YEARS i've heard the expression "joss it". my old man used to say it all the time. even if it was a close relative of my mam's. he'd engage mouth before brain and come out with something like.......

"sheila, was it '96 or '97 that your dad jossed it?" cue a 4 day argument with my old man stood in bemused silence wondering what the fuck went wrong. this is the first time on the bluemoon forum for about a week that i have laughed (not including off topic). you have given me the expression of the week. how many times can i use it at work before friday??

I despise the scrap-headed one!

Every time the Munich air crash starts to disappear from the public conscience, scum drags him out to remind us all about it.

Also heard that many years ago (early/mid 70s), a pub team in Stretford asked if he would present the trophies at its end-of-season awards. He wanted £1000.

The team said no and asked Alan Ball, who came and did it for nothing (apart from the meal for him and his wife).

KentBlue said:
As he got Parkinson's Disease or something? Only I saw him on TV yesterday (might have been Football Focus, can't remember) and he was shaking like a bloody twig in a cyclone. He just couldn't keep his body still for some reason or other.

Made me feel quite nauseous watching that grotesque dome of his cavorting about on his shoulders.

i bet he was gaging for a drink an had a touch of the DT's more than likely was on his way round to slur alex's house .

strongbowholic said:
As much as I despise the arrogant, baldie, geordie ticket touting tw*t, I hope he's not ill. God forgive me for saying this, but they'll be a bloody national day of mourning should he joss it and it will be toe curling.

Bank Holiday, I reckon.

And it'll be that heavy you won't be able to carry the MUEN home.

ifiwasarichfan said:
de niro said:
what a player he was. un-buyable at todays prices.

This. Credit where credit is due.

I agree.....Wonderfully gifted player....

In the sixties if you went on holiday Anywere in the world and the taxi driver asked where you were from, and you said Manchester, they said "Ah, Bobbeeeee Charlton!!!"........lol!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
strongbowholic said:

We will get every pass, shot on target, goal scored, every strand of hair blowing in the wind for months.

I didn't watch MotD for obvious reasons, but by mid-evening I had seen the Ginger Pig score nine headers, excluding the live one.

Bobby Bloody BaldBonce will get a niche in Westminster Abbey, Poet's Corner, they will probably kick out the Unknown Soldier and put a bit of him in there. Remind me, next time I'm in the Abbey I'll jump up and down on the bastard.

And I tell you now, MCFC, if there's any flag at Sport City draped at halfmast, there'll be shit to pay!

Now Duncan Edwards, well . . . . . . .
Amen brother Blue. We need a campaign to get the fucker cryogenically frozen so he never dies. I honestly couldn't be doing with another Diana-like outpouring of national grief - no matter how good a player he was.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
This. Credit where credit is due.

I agree.....Wonderfully gifted player....

In the sixties if you went on holiday Anywere in the world and the taxi driver asked where you were from, and you said Manchester, they said "Ah, Bobbeeeee Charlton!!!"........lol!

And in the 70s, if you went anywhere and did a back-heel, they said, "Denis Law!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.