Bobby Robson loses battle with cancer

RIP Sir Bobby

Thinking about it, he probably played a bit part in me getting my season ticket for city. Italia 90 and Englands peformance in this tournament was what really got into football, and after that i was pestering my dad to get me a season ticket.

I'm gutted at this, Sir Bobby was one of my favourite people in football.

A true loss to the football world.

RIP

Very Sad,I was at the Charity Game on Sunday and we were all in tears when he was wheeled out.I live near Newcastle and you hear how much he was a legend,but to me if you thought he was a legend you should have put your hand in your pocket and attended his Charity game.There was only 33,000 people there ,20,000 short of capacity it was a real shame.

I met him a few years ago at an Academy fundraising dinner at COMS.

I had my picture with him before the meal. As we stood together, at the crucial moment before the photographer took the picture, he leaned in towards me to make us appear that much closer on the photo. A little gesture, but proved a point to me - that he was a great man, a true gent, and a legend.

Sent him a letter when he was Barca coach, got a hand written reply back off him straightaway.

Respect for that.

True gent.

R.I.P Bobby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.