Bologna Info

Blue Til Death

Off to Bologna tomorrow for a few days, alas I will be missing the semi so will need some advice on football friendly pubs and any other general advice and Info from you globe trotting Blues.... Back for Spuds next Tuesday thank fook :-)

Thanks in advance

I hear they do a nice pork and beef ragu there, can't think of the name of it here.

Beautiful city.
Wander round the old town.
Piazza Maggiore is a great place to have a coffee and people watch.
SAN Petronio church.
Archiginnasio, houses the anatomical theatre of the university. The only place in the world where dissection was not a capital crime for centuries.
The local buses are a great way of getting round
Bologna has two leaning towers, asinelli and garisenda. You can go up both for views.

Beautiful city.
Wander round the old town.
Piazza Maggiore is a great place to have a coffee and people watch.
SAN Petronio church.
Archiginnasio, houses the anatomical theatre of the university. The only place in the world where dissection was not a capital crime for centuries.
The local buses are a great way of getting round
Bologna has two leaning towers, asinelli and garisenda. You can go up both for views.
Hi mate, been on my to do list since I saw Rick Stein spend a weekend there a few years ago.. Love people watching with a glass or two of vino, it looks like a great place, just been looking on line at that anatomical museum, looks fascinating... Thanks for your reply, useful info this...

If I was going away at the weekend I'd have done my own research before booking it.

Height of laziness.

Btw...I'm in the middle of the New Forest from tomorrow, anyone know of a pub that will have it on?

Off to Bologna tomorrow for a few days, alas I will be missing the semi so will need some advice on football friendly pubs and any other general advice and Info from you globe trotting Blues.... Back for Spuds next Tuesday thank fook :-)

Thanks in advance
Been to Bologna a few times, it has a thriving night life, mainly students as has the oldest university in the world there.
I recommend the market, some good quality Italian clothes and shoes at a fraction of shop prices. I love tortellini and Bologna is where it comes from. There are some really good restaurants in Bologna that serve this, one restaurants in particular was the best I've ever had but I can't remember the name, sorry. The 11th century tower of Torre Asinelli is worth visiting and will burn the pasta and gelato calories when you ascend the steps to the top of the tower.

My sister lives in Ferrara which is about 30 miles North-East of Bologna and worth a day out to. I recommend the local Cappellecci which is pureed pumpkin ravioli covered in beef ragu sauce with grated parmesan and is absolutely delicious.

Been to Bologna a few times, it has a thriving night life, mainly students as has the oldest university in the world there.
I recommend the market, some good quality Italian clothes and shoes at a fraction of shop prices. I love tortellini and Bologna is where it comes from. There are some really good restaurants in Bologna that serve this, one restaurants in particular was the best I've ever had but I can't remember the name, sorry. The 11th century tower of Torre Asinelli is worth visiting and will burn the pasta and gelato calories when you ascend the steps to the top of the tower.

My sister lives in Ferrara which is about 30 miles North-East of Bologna and worth a day out to. I recommend the local Cappellecci which is pureed pumpkin ravioli covered in beef ragu sauce with grated parmesan and is absolutely delicious.
Got a few restaurants in my little book as I like ravioli and most other pasta stuff, my main aim not to set foot in an irish bar, nothing against em but I like to stay around the local scene of the places I visit, missus death is the same and she's half Irish. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.