Bolton - game called off 27/4 due to players still not paid (p13)

Most of it is old news regarding the previous regime but as you say it is fascinating.

To be fair to him he does publish regular messages which give an insight into how the club is run.

He probably gives away a bit too much sometimes though.

It looks very much like it was written by him rather than the PR or marketing people - the prose is not of a professional standard. Which probably reflects fairly well on him. He's absolutely right that there are plenty of chairmen who pour huge amounts of their own money in and are vilified for it. But I don't know enough about Bolton to be aware if it's a fair complaint here.

Most of it is old news regarding the previous regime but as you say it is fascinating.

To be fair to him he does publish regular messages which give an insight into how the club is run.

He probably gives away a bit too much sometimes though.

He does give too much away - you can sense the desperation for him to bring it to an end although there is of course the other side of the coin re how much he wants for his stake. I'm sure a deal will happen given the 'progress' he has made with the club. He must have known he was going to have to put a silly amount in when he got involved.

It looks very much like it was written by him rather than the PR or marketing people - the prose is not of a professional standard. Which probably reflects fairly well on him. He's absolutely right that there are plenty of chairmen who pour huge amounts of their own money in and are vilified for it. But I don't know enough about Bolton to be aware if it's a fair complaint here.

It is written by him.

I don't think he's helped his cause by slagging off people who are owed money and who have taken steps to recoup that money from the club.

Some of the staff have taken to writing to the local paper to voice their opinion anonymously.

He does give too much away - you can sense the desperation for him to bring it to an end although there is of course the other side of the coin re how much he wants for his stake. I'm sure a deal will happen given the 'progress' he has made with the club. He must have known he was going to have to put a silly amount in when he got involved.

Yes, it's difficult to have a lot of sympathy with someone who buys a football club and then complains that they're having to shell out to keep it going.

I think the position he leaves the club in will dictate what his legacy will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.