Bolton Wanderers thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
Our friends from up the M61 seemed to have slipped under the radar this season as there is no dedicated thread for them,so I thought I would start one.
Obviously it has been a traumatic close season for them,as they came close to being ejected from the EFL.
However they were rescued and started the season-albeit on minus 12 points,due to going into administration.
They have yet to win a game this season and are currently 21 points from safety(although they have a couple of games in hand,they have an abysmal GD).
So it looks like it will be League Two (4th Division in the old days) next season.
And should we ever have to play The Trotters again(unlikely for along time unless we are drawn against them in a cup competition) be aware of this.
If their inbred hillbilly fans start giving it the WWYWYWS malarkey.
They are currently averaging 10,000 home attendances,whereas when City were in Division Three we averaged over 28000 per game. On other words we had almost 3 times as many attending home games in a similar sized stadium.
WE WERE HERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT.

I've often defended City in many comments section in the press about "Emptihad" jibes as you constantly average over 50k. Bolton have always been a much smaller club than City and our fanbase comes from the town itself. We were only drawing 3000 to 5000 crowds in the 1980's and 1990's. Saturdays crowd was just under 14,000. I'd say thats pretty good considering no season tickets went on sale until the takeover was completed a few week ago and as you rightly point out deducted 12 points with another 12 point deduction to come, loan and free players etc.

Glass houses and all that matey!

I've often defended City in many comments section in the press about "Emptihad" jibes as you constantly average over 50k. Bolton have always been a much smaller club than City and our fanbase comes from the town itself. We were only drawing 3000 to 5000 crowds in the 1980's and 1990's. Saturdays crowd was just under 14,000. I'd say thats pretty good considering no season tickets went on sale until the takeover was completed a few week ago and as you rightly point out deducted 12 points with another 12 point deduction to come, loan and free players etc.

With what you have had to endure id say its fucking incredible to be honest.

Where the fuck do glass houses come into it?
If you read my post properly I was pointing out that BWFC fans are amongst those who love to sing WWYWYWS (along with Villa,Newcastle and Sunderland fans). As I already pointed out,we backed the team in record numbers,not stopped attending like the majority of Bolton fans have.

Where the fuck do glass houses come into it?
If you read my post properly I was pointing out that BWFC fans are amongst those who love to sing WWYWYWS (along with Villa,Newcastle and Sunderland fans). As I already pointed out,we backed the team in record numbers,not stopped attending like the majority of Bolton fans have.

Maybe my memory is somewhat selective or not what it was but in the 5 games I attended at the Etihad when Bolton played there from 2007 to 2012 I never heard our fans sing that and it would be somewhat silly given our miserable attendances in the 80's and early 90's.

I have no problem with fans singing wwywyws it's called banter considering we had our fans singing to the likes of Bolton we will buy your club and burn it down. We are very fortunate that our club didn't end up in the situation Bolton and Bury find themselves in,to both sets of fans I hope things get better and great/local clubs as soon as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.