Booing the Champions League Anthem

I still do not see the point of booing the Champions League anthem. All this booing as not help us one bit. We should be backing the team. So anything like Blue Moon, Never felt more like singing the blues, etc. Is a lot better than booing the anthem, after all how do we know that the UEFA official has not told the referee to give as much help to the opponents as he can, because of all this booing. This just to teach us a lesson.

We need to get behind the team from now on until the end of the season.
The booing of the jingle is getting behind the team.

Get the A.Madrid game on and hear the whistling when Liverpool have the ball. That’s what we need.
I met some Atleti fans in Spain last week. They told me, before they knew I was a City fan, they despise Liverpool almost as much as Real Madrid because of the behaviour of Liverpool fans. I presume it relates to last year's final. There were some unsavoury scenes in Madrid as I recall.

I still do not see the point of booing the Champions League anthem. All this booing as not help us one bit. We should be backing the team. So anything like Blue Moon, Never felt more like singing the blues, etc. Is a lot better than booing the anthem, after all how do we know that the UEFA official has not told the referee to give as much help to the opponents as he can, because of all this booing. This just to teach us a lesson.

We need to get behind the team from now on until the end of the season.

The fucking tune WILL get booed.
The fucking ref will get booed.
Franco's fucking Fascist Madrid will get booed.
All deserve to get booed.

It's a loud and natural expression of deeply felt righteous anger.

Last edited:
I met some Atleti fans in Spain last week. They told me, before they knew I was a City fan, they despise Liverpool almost as much as Real Madrid because of the behaviour of Liverpool fans. I presume it relates to last year's final. There were some unsavoury scenes in Madrid as I recall.

Terrifed the residents who live near the ground, should know my Auntie and cousin live 10 mins walk away and across from the subway station near the ground. Pissed up, pissing everywhere, banging on windows and anything they could make noise with. Like a plague of locusts descending!!

Terrifed the residents who live near the ground, should know my Auntie and cousin live 10 mins walk away and across from the subway station near the ground. Pissed up, pissing everywhere, banging on windows and anything they could make noise with. Like a plague of locusts descending!!
None of it is ever reported in the UK press. I know Liverpool fans are despised in Italy for obvious reasons but I honestly dont know how widespread this view is across Europe. I was surprised by the Atleti fans I met and notice they gave Liverpool a very hostile reception last night. I suspect the Atleti fanbase is a bit like ours and over the years has grown sick of being overshadowed by its bigger neighbour (Real) and just lumps Liverpool in as another cartel club.
Perhaps the so-called "European Royalty" clubs are not as popular with other fans as the media keeps claiming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.