Book suggestions

The world of books is a superb site if you don't mind 2nd hand books. I just bought the below for a total of £8.

The Spy and the Traitor - Ben McIntyre
Armageddon- Max Hastings
Catastrophe- Max Hastings

Fighters in the shadows by Robert Gildea is a great read, telling the true story of the french resistance .

This review for that book.

Eck and Timu, otherwise known as Echo and the late Tim Mileson, can be found in a book just shy of sixty glossy pages. The compact pocketbook is presented through poetry and story alike. It is conventional and yet unconventional. Interpretation is a skill you can choose to use, or just float on the muse.

Sandwiched between Tim’s personal writing, Eck explores emotions such as loss, belonging and echoes nature throughout. Cute eye-catching illustrations using a variety of sketching styles follow an imaginative route to deliver a peaceful and loving tribute in the form of a poetic manuscript.

img_20210424_235647.jpg

There are lines throughout that transport the reader, catch them, hold them and bring them downward. There are uplifting words, moments of hope and flashes of light. It’s a sweet little book deserving of a wider audience. The book comes in both Chinese and English editions. My grade four students at Tungwah Wenze International School greeted that with joy. Next up they’ll interview the author…

Given the current crazy times, here is a book that is apt. The Doomsday Machine by Daniel Ellsberg. From his perspective, the book recounts how he became involved in the thing that eventually became the Pentagon Papers. It also discusses other things the Pentagon was dealing with, namely the nuclear arsenal and the possible nuclear war. It is a not a fun read but a quick one. After reading this, the Stanley Kubrick film has begun to feel like a true story, not a satire.

Pep Guardiola: Another Way of Winning: The Biography https://amzn.eu/d/61LlJD6

Has anybody read this? Is it a good read? I know the author hasn't been to kind in his coverage of city recently but fancy reading something city related when I go away, Nedum is on my radar as well but can only find it in hardback which is a pain in the arse to carry.

There's a reading challenge thread OP, some great suggestions in there. Some books I'd never have picked up if hadn't been recommended in there

Thinking of giving Time & The Technosphere, written by Jose Argüelles, Ph.D a 2nd reading

Already gave The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks, written by Rebecca Skloot a 2nd reading

Halfway through Dilla Time (The Life n Afterlife of J Dilla, the Hip-Hop Producer Who Reinvented Rhythm) by Dan Charnas ...so far it beats any other book i've read on Dilla, hands down.

Not finished Dark Fleet by Len Kasten as yet, its this book that makes me want to re-read Time & The Technosphere, again.

Also, The Telomere Effect, written by Elizabeth Blackburn n Elissa Epel was a decent read as was The Telomerase Revolution by Michael Fossel.

This just popped up on my bookface thing

Paranormal Nonsense: Blue Moon Investigations Book 1 - A Supernatural Thriller Kindle Edition​

anyone read it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.