Book suggestions

I'm late to the party but Peter Hook's "how not to run a club" is a great read so far. I'm only a third of the way through but feel sorry for the members of New Order who were fleeced. That said, as suggested it drove them to be more creative with their music.

There's some laugh out loud anecdotes as well, the comment to Morrisey whilst the tube was being shot was brilliant.
It is a great book, gets grimmer as the gangs take over on the door and the debts mount up.

Just started reading The Mermaid's Pool by Manchester author David Nolan. Definitely recommend it. It's the prequel to Black Moss in the Manc Noir series. Only 99p on Kindle at the moment too.

Can anybody recommend good books on the below bands?

Oasis
Stone Roses
Rolling Stones
The Beatles

Loads on Amazon with good reviews but I'd like recommendations.

Can anybody recommend good books on the below bands?

Oasis
Stone Roses
Rolling Stones
The Beatles

Loads on Amazon with good reviews but I'd like recommendations.
For The Beatles I would go for Revolution In The Head by Ian MacDonald. Basically a How,when and why list of all the songs they recorded. Have read books on The Roses but none I would particularly recommend myself other than War and Peace by Simon Spence as I think there's a story to be told by the members themselves

Last edited:
Just started reading The Mermaid's Pool by Manchester author David Nolan. Definitely recommend it. It's the prequel to Black Moss in the Manc Noir series. Only 99p on Kindle at the moment too.

Never heard of the author or series but they look interesting enough that I've bought both (just £2.99 for the 1st book). As The Mermaid's Pool is a prequel should I read that one first? (despite being the 2nd in the series)

Never heard of the author or series but they look interesting enough that I've bought both (just £2.99 for the 1st book). As The Mermaid's Pool is a prequel should I read that one first? (despite being the 2nd in the series)
They're both standalone novels really, so I don't think it's necessary to read them in that order. I'd start with Black Moss personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.