Bookies Roulette Machines.

The blue phantom

So in just over two weeks these will be down to £2 a spin

Was in William hills last week filling a coupon in and having a chat with a mate of mine, within about 10 -12 mins the lad on the machine had fired £1'200 in it. Quite staggering to think you can lose £100 in a 19 second spin.

From talking to a few of the lads behind different bookies counters seems these machines are 60- 70% of their daily takings.

The one at our local seems to be fixed at £2 already and it still makes me wince how much they put in. They seem to favour that pub because it’s about 40-50p cheaper per pint but then continue to feed ‘the machine’ £20s every ten minutes. Puzzling to me.

i worked as a Manager at William Hill last year and i can tell you now that the figures are staggering. Bookies make around 85% of there profits on gaming machines.

The £2 limit on the gaming machines is gonna absolutely crease the high street bookies which for someone like me is a catastrophe. Nothing better than going the bookies and putting your bets on. The social banter and the Euphoria when you win a decent amount and get to go and collect your winnings is unrivaled with anything you can do online.

i worked as a Manager at William Hill last year and i can tell you now that the figures are staggering. Bookies make around 85% of there profits on gaming machines.

The £2 limit on the gaming machines is gonna absolutely crease the high street bookies which for someone like me is a catastrophe. Nothing better than going the bookies and putting your bets on. The social banter and the Euphoria when you win a decent amount and get to go and collect your winnings is unrivaled with anything you can do online.
Bookies didn't do themselves any favours though. So the Gambling commission said no more than four machines per shop. So what did they do, open another one 50 yards away all to get another four machines in.

There were literally no one putting bets on in the shops, just four machines being battered with money from 8a.m- 9.30 p.m.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.