Boring, boring City?

mansour's tow ropes said:
Have City become boring?

Firstly, this is not a dig at the club, or a knee-jerk reaction to the events of deadline or the loss to Stoke or whatever.

Micah Richards was the last of the entertainers (off the pitch) to leave, the others being Lescott and de Jong, while the likes of Balotelli and Tevez failed the 'no dickhead' policy and were moved on, and the team improved as a result. City should be admired for the way they have transformed the image and reputation of the club in recent years, and have produced solid foundations for us to become a top club for the foreseeable.

However, is there a bit of personality missing? On the pitch last season it was brilliant, no complaints, but off it there are very few headlines (a good thing by and large), no big name superstars being brought in (I mean marquee, Aguero type signings), City TV is becoming more and more censored, and the players don't even put any thought into the (many) goal celebrations anymore. You could also argue that removing level 2 flags is part of this, and it appears the personality of the club will become even more sanitised when the CFA is ready, and training takes place in full privacy from the press (again, not a bad thing).

My point is, does anyone wish things were a bit more entertaining or unpredictable off the pitch, and more players grabbing headlines in the tabloids for whatever reason? Was anyone else hoping for some proper deadline day drama yesterday when it was obvious Falcao wasn't coming? Or is the silence and lack of drama a sign of a well-run club? I think it definitely shows that the Khaldoon/Soriano/Txiki have a tight control over things, but would a bit more personality help attract the next generation of fans (kids love the mad Mario type characters after all)?

Two titles, one FA Cup, and one Capital One Cup. Yeah - I'm bored shitless.

Players putting thought into goal celebrations? Are you serious?

Personality missing? Really? Of course, there was a real absence of personality when we fought back to win to titles in three seasons.

Out current success has brought out the very worst in you: spoilt. Maybe Hart should have got out his juggling balls and put a funny on hat after he conceded the goal against Stoke - just to keep us entertained and ensure that we are not 'boring'?

The only people that get bored are, themselves, boring.

Yes we are boring, it's Txiki and Pellegrini's greatest accomplishment that they've taken a club who made back page headlines for all the wrong reasons, week in week out, and transformed it into a club that only gets discussed for footballing matters.

The football itself isn't boring though, and that's what really matters.

kenzie115 said:
Yes we are boring, it's Txiki and Pellegrini's greatest accomplishment that they've taken a club who made back page headlines for all the wrong reasons, week in week out, and transformed it into a club that only gets discussed for footballing matters.

The football itself isn't boring though, and that's what really matters.

Good point

Personally i've never been more obsessed with City, the fact that we are now quietly winning trophies is exactly where most of us fans want us to be.

Lets leave the brash nonsense to the rags and scousers.

We are now a club that innovates and leads by example (this is far from boring). The model that our management team adopt will be copied by other clubs in time as they see the success it brings. The club are values led and nothing will be tolerated that tarnishes the image of MCFC. All of the clubs within the City Group will operate the same way and success will follow. If this is boring think again. Constant failure is boring, 35yrs / 44yrs is boring, likkle citeh is boring, empty seats is boring etc

If you are bored now then I suggest you are either; daft, mad, spoilt or rag. Take your pick. Me i'm a happy as a pig in shit!

The club is undoubtedly becoming more corporate, that can't be denied.

However, as long as the soul of the club remains intact, fans are respected and not tossed aside for manufactured followers and the future remains bright, we have little to complain about.

BobKowalski said:
Ah this old chestnut. Personally I liked the 'dickheads', the sense of wondering whether it was going to be mad, bad or glorious or possibly all three within 90 minutes. It's much more restful now but definitely light on personality and the guys who run City TV must sob quietly as they try and squeeze something remotely interesting for us to watch. Others will disagree and prefer it as it is now. It's largely a matter of personal taste.

I particularly liked the dickheads if they warmed the bench for ninety minutes. Dippers will be on tenterhooks everytime Mario is tackled and how long he's gonna last after getting the first yellow. I want players who are determined to earn the handsome salary they are paid and who want to achieve for themselves and the team.

I would have much preferred a 1-0 on Saturday with a squad who have all had humour by-passes!

I'd prefer our club to be remembered for winning trophies in a professional manner rather than being remembered for having a load of d*ckheads messing about.

Didn't we just win the league on the final day, again? And we're going to go through difficult fixture next. There'll be plenty of drama on the pitch. And probably on bluemoon:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.