Boris Johnson admitted to hospital - now discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole family had this over Xmas....it was constant hard coughing 24/7 (save for a few hours when sleep was possible) over the course of t least two weeks with massive lethargy. I think lots had this and probably way before CV hit the shores (and my son was the only one not showing symptoms and also the only one who had the flu jab).
You might be right there I had a horrendous cough for about 2 weeks back in January. Kept every one up for 2 weeks solid just coughing and sputtering all night. Not had anything like that before

That he’s in any spirits seems like a positive. I’ve not really seen any videos or new snippets of our hospitals but I saw some of the Italian hospitals and the patients just looked like robots on their bellies on respirators.

If Boris is in good spirits I’d say he’s doing well!
For some reason the constant “he’s in good spirits” spiel is irking me. I know it’s pretty much his schtick and it’s what got him elected, but are we all so dumb we need this image of him clowning around in intensive care to keep us going?

For some reason the constant “he’s in good spirits” spiel is irking me. I know it’s pretty much his schtick and it’s what got him elected, but are we all so dumb we need this image of him clowning around in intensive care to keep us going?

I envisage him with his arse hanging out his hospital gown, union flags in each hand whilst zip wiring through the corridors hooked up to an oxygen canister.

Usually stay well away from politics but since Boris Johnson has been seriously ill in hospital the one thing I've seen a lot online is "I dont like him but..." and that for me sums up the whole problem.

It doesn't matter one little bit if you like the guy or not, he is the fucking prime minister and we do as he says. He's not there to be popular, he's there to lead us. If everyone(and I mean everyone!) had listened to him 4 weeks ago, the situation would be nowhere near as bad now. But too many people had the attitude "dont like Boris Johnson so why should I do what he wants" and this has really not helped. I'm not saying that everyone who doesnt like him didn't listen to him, but I've no doubt that if he was universally loved and respected, more people would have behaved their fucking selves.

I've had bosses at work I didn't like, but when they ask you to do something you do it. It's never really been fashionable to like the prime minister, but in my opinion too many people let that get in the way, instead of going along with him, especially in the early days.

Anyway, rant over. Get well soon Boris.

Parroting “Lets get this vaccine done!”
to every single person?

Haha - yes. Don't be surprised if (if...hopefully) he comes out of this relatively unscathed there will be a slogan very similar to that pursing from his lips. And I'll probably welcome it...sod political divides I think the nation needs something like that. I remember not looking forward to the London Olympics (the ol London Centric thing I hate) but once the ceremony kicked in I was sold straight away. Brought the country together at least for a short while.

The stuff coming out of the hard left and momentum on FB/Twitter (and Terry Christian) has been torrid. Not sure what they're trying to do at this stage. Have him die and have Jeremy in (and I've genuinely read that)?
As somebody said on here a while back...he might be a ***t but he's a likeable ***t.
I personally think it will change him immensely if he comes out of this.

I'm just sick of seeing low res video chats on TV 24/7. We've been spoilt by Netflix's 4k pristine imagery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.