Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a stress free game. Reality will dictate otherwise. Similar situation to after the derby defeat, got to get it quickly out of our system

Last edited:
for me its Ederson, Zinchenko, Stones, Dias, Walker, Fernandinho, rodri, KDB, Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan.

Gundogan strictly upfront, close to the goal, deeper imo he is a liability. If he receives the ball in good position he is more than likely get a goal/shot on target from it than Jesus or Sterling. but if he is deeper, in need of making tackles and press a lot and run a lot he gets bypassed very easily.

Rodri needs serious help in the middle after watching him in first leg vs very quick, young and good passers Dortmund has in middle, Fernandinho can bring that. and also to allow Gundogan to go more upfront.

It all will be about our defending, if we get a clean sheet we are through. If we only concede one we are also through imo as I am pretty sure we find one goal at least. but if we concede 2 or more than chances are drastically lower imo as I dont trust our finishing that much, look at the Leeds game lol. And even against Dortmund we had good chances to put the game in bed and we only won in last minute. Every time we miss a good chance it gives opponent a life line and extra momentum.

Jesus, Sterling did not show anything today to deserve to start imo while Bernardo for me looks fricking tired.

I am taking the positives out of today shit show.

We knew that team selected today was poor before kick off.

I will take Pep on his word if he is saying he thinks it was good enough.

Then after today display, surely we wont see any more crazy team selection. Just our best starting 11.

No one will have a problem if we lose with our best starting 11 on the Pitch at the end of the game.

We have a few fringe players we need to move on.

for me its Ederson, Zinchenko, Stones, Dias, Walker, Fernandinho, rodri, KDB, Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan.

Gundogan strictly upfront, close to the goal, deeper imo he is a liability. If he receives the ball in good position he is more than likely get a goal/shot on target from it than Jesus or Sterling. but if he is deeper, in need of making tackles and press a lot and run a lot he gets bypassed very easily.

Rodri needs serious help in the middle after watching him in first leg vs very quick, young and good passers Dortmund has in middle, Fernandinho can bring that. and also to allow Gundogan to go more upfront.

It all will be about our defending, if we get a clean sheet we are through. If we only concede one we are also through imo as I am pretty sure we find one goal at least. but if we concede 2 or more than chances are drastically lower imo as I dont trust our finishing that much, look at the Leeds game lol. And even against Dortmund we had good chances to put the game in bed and we only won in last minute. Every time we miss a good chance it gives opponent a life line and extra momentum.

Jesus, Sterling did not show anything today to deserve to start imo while Bernardo for me looks fricking tired.
Totally agree, I’d be really surprised if we don’t see Rodri and Fernandinho for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.