Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After yesterdays result/performance......hopefully resting our key players will have been worth the debacle.
This will be a tough game,maybe even harder than what is to come,we need to be at our best.Id be tempted to bring back Laporte (if fit?) to help with Haalands threat.

--------------Eddie-----
-------Dias-Stones-Laporte---
Cancelo---Gundo-Rodri----Zinchenko
-----Bernie-----KDB-----Foden----

Last edited:
I always like to think we deliver when the chips are down!
We can do it but we just need to fucking score!
2-1 city
Hope you’re right with the score but I don’t see how the chips are down! Pep picked a shit team yesterday due to our huge week ahead. Won’t see a performance like that with our full team out.

there's no chance this team can win the champions league, wer'e too soft and miss too many chances, we got away with it on tuesday because of a shit referee, we cant cope with a high intensity opponent that press high and attack at pace, if we go behind on wednesday wer'e fucked, when dortmund went forward we were wide open, i fear the worst but even if we get through i dont see us winning it
That’s the spirit.

Fern looked v tired at the end of that. Depends what his recovery is like.
Think Fernandinho will be saved for the Chelsea Semi. Albeit he might come on for some game management in the last 20 mins of the Dortmund games as we march into the CL Semi-finals.
Counting the hours down already!!

They've been in the wars here with one, maybe two key players injured (not sure how bad Reus' problem is). We rested Dias, Laporte, Rodri, Foden, Walker, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Mahrez.

The game today was a Pawn, this is a Bishop. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a Pawn or two to get past the Bishop and take the King. Hopefully this is one of those times.
I think Pep thought he was playing a Bishop to save his Queen, but it ended up being a pawn...

there's no chance this team can win the champions league, wer'e too soft and miss too many chances, we got away with it on tuesday because of a shit referee, we cant cope with a high intensity opponent that press high and attack at pace, if we go behind on wednesday wer'e fucked, when dortmund went forward we were wide open, i fear the worst but even if we get through i dont see us winning it
Ouch!
How many trophies do you think we'll win this season?

I just want to get something won as soon as possible to calm everyone's nerves. That's why the Leeds result was so frustrating. I'm still a bit old school re typical City...

Shame the League Cup final was shifted... always gave the players a lift after that was in the cabinet.

There are only two selection decisions really:

- Zinchenko or Cancelo (please be Zinchenko)
- Bernardo or Jesus (I’m torn. Maybe ever so slightly leaning towards Jesus, but that could change)

The other 9 pick themselves.
I think we need a focal point up front , we looked better when Jesus came on and occupied the central defenders , so either Jesus or Sterling for me .

If they play as open as they do in the league we'll batter them.

I expect them to play a slow game and if we can't get a goal from the numerous chances we'll no doubt create it'll be a tense final 30 mins with them having an away goal.

Referee could be very important in this one, we've seen how we've been shafted year after year hopefully, UEFA have decided our name is on the cup after the CAS fiasco..

In summary 1-3 to us, taking 25% of our chances.

I think we need a focal point up front , we looked better when Jesus came on and occupied the central defenders , so either Jesus or Sterling for me .
Wouldn’t let sterling near this match after yesterday and he doesn’t deserve it either . I’m not that keen on Jesus playing either so I’d take a punt on kun if he is not injured again . Like to ferdy instead of Rodri for this one aswell .

yesterday rubber stamped it but I think Sterling and Cancelo have been poor for a few weeks. I would go

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
Rodri or Fern
Bernardo Gundogan
Mahrez KDB Foden

If we score we should be fine, if we go behind ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.