Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about Dortmund's tactics. They'll probably try to have the perfect game at the back and score on the counter. Given that they have conceded 2 goals in any of the last 3 CL games, it will be very difficult for them to keep a clean sheet in this game. If we score 2 goals, we win the tie at say 95 %. They'd realistically hope to win 3:1.

If it goes to extra time, we are likely to have more energy, we have also more options on the bench. Dortmund looked tired in the final 20 minutes at the Etihad. Our tactics may factor this in. We will try to control the game, tire them down and beat them in the 2nd half. Alternatively, we may try to start very aggressively and score already in the first half, which would make their task very difficult.

Patience is key. Even if they score first, we need 1 goal to stay in the tie, unless we concede 3. We'll create chances, hopefully we are not wasteful.

3:2 City.
Dortmund will be tired out because they played their best team yesterday in a very physical and fast-paced 3-2 win at Stuttgart. Reus and Hummels looked shattered at the end and Haaland took a few hefty knocks. They looked great attacking as usual but very weak at the back. We need to score the first goal and then strangle the game in midfield. Jude Bellingham is a major threat and needs watching carefully.

If they score first, will we have the balls to get up and come from behind to win?? I really want to be proved wrong.

yesterday rubber stamped it but I think Sterling and Cancelo have been poor for a few weeks. I would go

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
Rodri or Fern
Bernardo Gundogan
Mahrez KDB Foden

If we score we should be fine, if we go behind ......
Yeah, think that has to be the team. Kind of picks itself at the moment when you want the best 11.

Just wanted to say to the fans who say...dont want him playing etc.....a few months ago Gundogan, Stones,Jesus were getting a lot of stick, and now they are flying..All City players go to WIN...Gundo,Jesus have scored some BIG goals for us..Pep would not allow any passengers..We are in 4 big competitions let's get behind ALL the players whatever happens..We all have a bad day at the office,Historically, we dont get much luck in my opinion, but hopefully this will change....Fcuk all the haters and tossers ..they would give their right bollock to be in our position ...Pep does things for a reason, because we dont know what goes on in the background we are quick to judge..Anyway,...Let's Fckin do it............we WILL get there in the end......

Reactions: CC1
just dont go behind. our mentality block on big stakes CL games does not need to pair up with our block on games going behind.

Monaco, Pool, Spurs, Lyon, Dortmund cannot fucking join this list.

PSG or Bayern would be happy with Dortmund imo and they would relegate them with ease...

Raise your game Pep, if we have to lose in CL lose against the very best, eventual winners of CL, not Ligue 1 - 8th placed, or Bundesliga 5th or fucking Tottenham...

Reus taken off injured yesterday don’t know how serious but would be a miss for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.