Borussia Dortmund Vs City (CL) Post Match Thread

City cannot carry on with the same 4 strikers now as we've hit a genuine crisis in front of goal. A world class striker in January or the title's going back to the swamp- it really is that simple.

embarrasing performance from pretty much everyone aside from tevez, nastasic and kompany. quite pathetic with the players we've got and attacking players we have that we cant carve out one decent goal attempt. fucking disgraceful, i'm sorry.

*awaits abuse*

I dont understand MCFC fans. You keep ignoring awful play by your team by comparing 2nd strongest club competition in the World with Carling Cup. Can't you see your position, LAST ! LAST ! And Manchester City has probably one of 5 most expensive teams of all time ! And yet, one Ajax beat you hard with not much effort.

How come you are not upset. If something like this happened in Madrid, fans would be furious, coach would be sacked, and generally team would have to give their hearts and asses for sucess.

Maybe City is unbeaten in PL, but real teams are coming, and we'll see what will they show with play they showed us today.

If you are still with Mancini, then you are just mad and ignoring straight facts. City was embarassed this year by all of the contesters. Do you know that Aguero and Tevez cost more then starting 11 of Dortmund !!

Keep dreaming like this guys, and your team will be sacked in PL too ... I am maybe Madrid's fan, but I like to watch City too, but this team is not team anymore, hurts to watch them in their meaningless showdown

summer of 69 said:
City cannot carry on with the same 4 strikers now as we've hit a genuine crisis in front of goal. A world class striker in January or the title's going back to the swamp- it really is that simple.

We've got 2 world class strikers in Tevez and Aguero. Mancini must surely realize that if he keeps rotating 4 strikers then the 2 best ones will never perform at the top of their game. Mansourstowropes explained this very well a page ago.

Dzeko and Balotelli have had ample opportunity to impress. Dzeko has delivered brilliantly as a sub but not as a starter. Balotelli has not delivered in proportion to the chances he has had.

Start Tevez and Aguero each and every game. If he does this then they will quickly get into the mindset of knowing that they are the ones who must deliver. And they will deliver.

KillieMitch said:
City fans: Usually I just read the forum (I always reckon reading forums is the best way to understand what's really happening at a club) - but just wanted to post to ask something:

I understand the 'group of death' argument - horrendous group for you guys - but I'm really surprised that there is so little anger. You didn't win a single game. That seems a really damning statistic to me. To an extent, does that stat not mean the group of death thing is a bit irrelevant? On that form, even if you had United's group the first decent team would have knocked you out? It seems to me to be a lot more than just bad luck with the group - your excellent squad of players was outplayed in most of the games. Really confusing to watch and, given his record in Europe, I'm just surprised Mancini isn't getting more criticism.

Which bit of "The Group Of Death" don't you understand...?

We died. We blew the first couple of games and that's fucked us for the rest of them. Somebody had to go out. It was us. Yes it's disappointing but tbh I got over my disappointment about a month ago.

The group was over well before tonight and despite what people think, the EL isn't worth the hassle in terms of opposition, money or time and effort. The clubs who do well in it rarely do well in their own leagues in the same season and getting another couple of fixtures vs East Bumblefuck in the Euro Vase wouldn't make any difference to us financially, ESP if it meant hampering our league form. There's a very good reason why Uefa are thinking of scrapping it! And please don't give me the "Mancini said he wanted to be in it" bollox. I remember him saying the the league was finished last April... He didn't mean that either.

Maybe the reason there's less anger than you imagined on here is because actually we don't all believe or buy into the Sky/Rag media spin and narrative... I know exactly what the easy story is going to be in tomorrow's news. Yawn. It doesn't mean it's absolutely correct though does it? And it doesn't actually bother quite a lot of us as we know and can see the bigger picture.

Onwards...

mancityscot said:
embarrasing performance from pretty much everyone aside from tevez, nastasic and kompany. quite pathetic with the players we've got and attacking players we have that we cant carve out one decent goal attempt. fucking disgraceful, i'm sorry.

*awaits abuse*

I thought Nastasic showed his limitations tonight.

He is not a left back, not his fault he was played there, but it was his poorest performance in a blue shirt. But when your main left backs are injured somebody has to play there.

But if you want to play the role of tonights most sensationalist panjandrum then you play it.

Panjandrum

1.618034 said:
KillieMitch said:
City fans: Usually I just read the forum (I always reckon reading forums is the best way to understand what's really happening at a club) - but just wanted to post to ask something:

I understand the 'group of death' argument - horrendous group for you guys - but I'm really surprised that there is so little anger. You didn't win a single game. That seems a really damning statistic to me. To an extent, does that stat not mean the group of death thing is a bit irrelevant? On that form, even if you had United's group the first decent team would have knocked you out? It seems to me to be a lot more than just bad luck with the group - your excellent squad of players was outplayed in most of the games. Really confusing to watch and, given his record in Europe, I'm just surprised Mancini isn't getting more criticism.

Which bit of "The Group Of Death" don't you understand...?

We died. We blew the first couple of games and that's fucked us for the rest of them. Somebody had to go out. It was us. Yes it's disappointing but tbh I got over my disappointment about a month ago.

The group was over well before tonight and despite what people think, the EL isn't worth the hassle in terms of opposition, money or time and effort. The clubs who do well in it rarely do well in their own leagues in the same season and getting another couple of fixtures vs East Bumblefuck in the Euro Vase wouldn't make any difference to us financially, ESP if it meant hampering our league form. There's a very good reason why Uefa are thinking of scrapping it! And please don't give me the "Mancini said he wanted to be in it" bollox. I remember him saying the the league was finished last April... He didn't mean that either.

Maybe the reason there's less anger than you imagined on here is because actually we don't all believe or buy into the Sky/Rag media spin and narrative... I know exactly what the easy story is going to be in tomorrow's news. Yawn. It doesn't mean it's absolutely correct though does it? And it doesn't actually bother quite a lot of us as we know and can see the bigger picture.

Onwards...

and upwards! Well put fella!

summer of 69 said:
davymcfc said:
black mamba said:
I worked Balotelli out on day one at Molyneux ..... and i've seen little to alter my opinion of him since,

He's a 'bit player' ..... can be alright on the odd occasion , bit most of the time he's not a BIT of use !
All in all he was great in the derby last year and scores the odd penalty. He was fucking shite when he came on today. He is a hindrance. The reason we won the league last year was because he was suspended. Just fuck off.

Completely agree!!

In the end hes not worth the baggage he brings, if he was a Messi or Ronaldo fine, but he isn't and it's hurting us. Better for him and us to part company.

Disappointed that none of our kids got a chance not even for a minute, good first half and in the second we fell apart. Don´t like to slate our players but Garcia has regressed from his earlier performances this season, he looks a very poor player atm, hopefully he´ll improve because he has to.

Malty said:
summer of 69 said:
davymcfc said:
All in all he was great in the derby last year and scores the odd penalty. He was fucking shite when he came on today. He is a hindrance. The reason we won the league last year was because he was suspended. Just fuck off.

Completely agree!!

In the end hes not worth the baggage he brings, if he was a Messi or Ronaldo fine, but he isn't and it's hurting us. Better for him and us to part company.

I dont usually multi quote as its a bugbear of mine

But fuck me you people are beyond help

beyond

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.