Borussia Dortmund Vs City (CL) Post Match Thread

summer of 69 said:
City cannot carry on with the same 4 strikers now as we've hit a genuine crisis in front of goal. A world class striker in January or the title's going back to the swamp- it really is that simple.

Unfortunately too many City fans think we already have one.He wears the number 45 shirt.For me Tevez and Sergio are miles ahead.

oakiecokie said:
summer of 69 said:
City cannot carry on with the same 4 strikers now as we've hit a genuine crisis in front of goal. A world class striker in January or the title's going back to the swamp- it really is that simple.

Unfortunately too many City fans think we already have one.He wears the number 45 shirt.For me Tevez and Sergio are miles ahead.

but tevez, runs around, works hard, but how many chances did he create tonight? nowhere near as clinical as he should be

GranthamBlue said:
summer of 69 said:

We've got 2 world class strikers in Tevez and Aguero. Mancini must surely realize that if he keeps rotating 4 strikers then the 2 best ones will never perform at the top of their game. Mansourstowropes explained this very well a page ago.

Dzeko and Balotelli have had ample opportunity to impress. Dzeko has delivered brilliantly as a sub but not as a starter. Balotelli has not delivered in proportion to the chances he has had.

Start Tevez and Aguero each and every game. If he does this then they will quickly get into the mindset of knowing that they are the ones who must deliver. And they will deliver.

Agree with Tevez and Aguero being two world class strikers however they just don't work playing together. Apart for Norwich last season and Wigan at home right at the very start of last season I cannot remember a game when they have both played well together.

For me Tevez is the best striker we have got but he plays well when he is the main man and is carrying the team.

I also think the best partnership we could have up top would be Balo and Aguero however we would need to sell Dzeko and bring in someone like Isco to provide extra creativity and someone like Benat or Alonso who can play a quality through ball from deep.

mancityscot said:
oakiecokie said:
summer of 69 said:

but tevez, runs around, works hard, but how many chances did he create tonight? nowhere near as clinical as he should be

Unfortunately for him,with the midfield being so poor,he ended up looking for the ball to far back.

The reality is, City are NOT a world class team.

Still many more years away before we can be up there with best in the world.

all i will say is we will be back better and stronger.

still 110% supportive of mancini.

on to the rags

Dzekos Smile said:

PSG look miles ahead of us right now and they started later.

TOOTHLESS performance yet again.
We have one of the best squads in world football but all season we have looked average and only a shadow of the the greatness we showed in the early part of last season.
Europe has been a complete disaster and embarrassment.
Close season signings very poor with exception of Nasty (who I believe will become a City great).
Whilst unbeaten in the league most performances average and lacklustre.
Midfield and strikers are all struggling with either confidence or performance levels.

Apart from the players, who must take some responsibility, the finger has to be pointed at the management staff. Don't get me wrong I love Mancini and his many staff for getting us were we are BUT we have hit the buffers for far too long and it cannot be allowed to continue.Something is wrong within the club that needs sorting now.

If that something has to be a change in management,then so be it!

Malty said:
Dzekos Smile said:

PSG look miles ahead of us right now and they started later.

PSG have Ancelotti, much more technical than Mancini.

Im just gutted that we did not get the result we needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.