Boss who put everyone on $70K a year

Maybe everyone should just have the same opinions on everything.

For the record nobody has criticised the bloke, everyone has said it was a great thing to do, there’s just a couple of questions around where this could head and the logistics of doing it.

Nobody has questioned his right to do it and I think most would like to work for someone like that.

If you think everyone should just be endlessly positive on a thread then you’re on the wrong forum. It’s what makes Bluemoon good, having a debate.
That's fair enough, but it is honestly difficult to see anything negative about this story unless you make stuff up.

I'm with you on this.

Yes, a lovely thing to do and he should be applauded greatly for it. But it can only ever be a novelty and good fortune for the formerly low paid who work there. Nothing more.

As a model, it is unsustainable.

(a) it makes normal businesses uncompetitive with others which pay less. (And even if your country is all communist and all your domestic competitors are in the same boat, then other competitive nations are not), and

(b) Reward people too much for doing the minimum and sadly, people being people, many of them will choose not to work harder to get extra, because there's no extra to be had. So it encourages idleness and again sadly, many people abuse it and take advantage. Over time it leads to only cabbages being available on the shops shelves and cars like Trabants. We all know this - apart from the loony lefties camped out on the Conservative Party thread of course.

Yet more money grabbing tory nonsense.

Yet more money grabbing tory nonsense.
Sorry, which money grabber are you referring to? Sergio? Would you like us to cap the pay of all our players? Say £10k/week - that's more than enough for anyone surely?

We could do well in the Championship.

You're an idiot.

That's fair enough, but it is honestly difficult to see anything negative about this story unless you make stuff up.

Is anyone being that negative?

I just said I may leave that business if my earning potential ends up being capped and Chippy questioned how it may scupper them competitively.

Is anyone being that negative?

I just said I may leave that business if my earning potential ends up being capped and Chippy questioned how it may scupper them competitively.
More a comment on the RW radio host in the US that is making out this bloke is the next Stalin.

I'm reading a really good book at the minute, 'Your money or your life', by Vicky Robin. I'd strongly suggest reading it if you're unhappy with modern life, keeping up with the Jones etc. I've copied a link to it below.

The person who runs this business reflects my thoughts on money perfectly. Once you surpass 'enough' money, you begin cluttering your life with meaningless materialistic items which don't offer a return in the form of happiness. This person has clearly had a similar paradigm shift and realised that the fulfilment he'd receive from improving his employee's lives is considerably more enjoyable than adding a few extra zeros onto your bank statement.

People seem to treat life like a competition to see who has the most toys the day they die. It's not, and having a 'more is better' attitude is cyclical and never-ending. True happiness is found in contentment.

If I'm ever lucky enough to reach the position he's in, I'd like to think I'd have to courage to do the same. Great man and a great story.

Take my hat off to him, never mind the figures it's the gesture.
He cared enough about the welfare of his work force and did something about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.