Both my kids spoilt again for christmas.

Here's how it should go. My kids are in their thirties now. Daughter living in Hanoi said: don't send a pressie, chances are it won't be delivered. She shipped us a fine hamper and some wine. Wife says to her: wish we could have given you something. Daughter replies: You did, you brought me up brilliantly.
Son has just had his first child. I gave him a shirt and a cheque for £100, cos he needs the money at this time. He responded, grinning: Cheers dad, just what I've always wanted,
Wife is an amateur artist of talent. She asked me to get her a new easel: Sorry, she said, its £200. Later: that easel is now in the sale, £75, so you can save a bob or two.
To me, the monetary value is irrelevant. Give them something they will appreciate. Some years ago, when I was struggling a bit financially, they all told me to give them a token present and they were grateful for it.

I've always thought you can prove how much you love your kids by the amount of money you spend on them :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.