Boubacar Kamara

I can see us signing either a younger CB to take over the spot long term or a stop gap. Not really a contradiction, it's more of two different strategies and it's up the board to decide if they want to get a older CB which will open up space for THB and E. Garcia or get someone who's ready now and have pretty much a decade left to give at the highest level. My response was to your post about that we should make our young CB's a priority is that I think we should get an older CB instead of signing someone like Upamecano if that is the case.

One thing is clear though, we need to sign a CB either if you like it or not. A new right footed starting CB should be our main priority. There is no way we're going to challenge for both the title and the CL with our current CB's, only Laporte and Fern are good enough on current ability and Fern should only be a backup this season due to his age

My prefered option would be to get someone like Upamecano, Konate or even Skriniar. Complete CB's who have much left to give. But I can also see us get an older CB to challenge for titles short term but also to ease in youngsters. One thing is for sure though, Otamendi and Stones are finished as consistent starters and starting THB born 2002 or E. Garcia born 2001 week in and week out would be to put too much pressure on them. Their time will come, there is no hurry
One thing is abundantly clear; We don't need to sign a starting centre back, you may want a shiny new toy but we don't need one because we have two players (Adaradiayo and Garcia) who deserve an opportunity right now. Stones is also only 26, so very clearly not finished as a consistent starter if and that's a big IF he matures, that's certainly not uncommon for a CB at his age (VVD is proof).

One thing is abundantly clear; We don't need to sign a starting centre back, you may want a shiny new toy but we don't need one because we have two players (Adaradiayo and Garcia) who deserve an opportunity right now. Stones is also only 26, so very clearly not finished as a consistent starter if and that's a big IF he matures, that's certainly not uncommon for a CB at his age (VVD is proof).
I have better idea, let's play with 35 years old Fernandinho as a starting CB !

Do you want to us win trophies or watch liverpol stay 25 points clear next season as well? We still haven't replaced Kompany, and Otamendi and Stones are not good enough for a title contender. Tosin, Garcia and THB will play when they are good enough, we are not some midtable talent farmer like Southampton for fucks sake. Right CB is the glaring hole in our squad and we would be brain dead to spend money elsewhere instead of just fixing that problem. End of discussion.

Do you want to us win trophies or watch liverpol stay 25 points clear next season as well? We still haven't replaced Kompany, and Otamendi and Stones are not good enough for a title contender. Tosin, Garcia and THB will play when they are good enough, we are not some midtable talent farmer like Southampton for fucks sake. Right CB is the glaring hole in our squad and we would be brain dead to spend money elsewhere instead of just fixing that problem. End of discussion.
That's funny because I'm sure Stones and Otamendi were both part of a double and treble winning team in successive seasons, maybe you missed that, although with your unparalleled football knowledge I'd be very shocked.

People also said Sancho would play when he was ready, right now I think Garcia and Adaradiayo are ready to stake a claim. There's no guarantees either will make it long term but they both deserve the opportunity.

He's not exactly been too shabby this season has he, he's the very last one to blame for our poor league showing.
It hasn’t been poor, just a bit off 2 previous exceptional seasons. If we finish the season will still probably be over 80 points. Main reason we aren’t still in contention is Liverpools exceptional points total.

It hasn’t been poor, just a bit off 2 previous exceptional seasons. If we finish the season will still probably be over 80 points. Main reason we aren’t still in contention is Liverpools exceptional points total.
Very true, poor by our own exceptional standards the last two years would probably have been a better way to articulate it ;)

That's funny because I'm sure Stones and Otamendi were both part of a double and treble winning team in successive seasons, maybe you missed that, although with your unparalleled football knowledge I'd be very shocked.

People also said Sancho would play when he was ready, right now I think Garcia and Adaradiayo are ready to stake a claim. There's no guarantees either will make it long term but they both deserve the opportunity.
It maybe would've been worth a shout a couple years ago but Liverpool are too good at the moment. We need to have worldclass players on every position to challenge. If Laporte didn't break and we had someone like Skriniar or Koulibaly next to him we would probably still be in the title race this season

It maybe would've been worth a shout a couple years ago but Liverpool are too good at the moment. We need to have worldclass players on every position to challenge. If Laporte didn't break and we had someone like Skriniar or Koulibaly next to him we would probably still be in the title race this season
I disagree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.