Boubacar Kamara

One thing is abundantly clear; We don't need to sign a starting centre back, you may want a shiny new toy but we don't need one because we have two players (Adaradiayo and Garcia) who deserve an opportunity right now. Stones is also only 26, so very clearly not finished as a consistent starter if and that's a big IF he matures, that's certainly not uncommon for a CB at his age (VVD is proof).

Can you clarify what it is you want to happen ? Otamendi was on his way out this year and before Corona we would have wanted to get rid of this summer. We clearly struggled at CB this both with injuries and form. You could perhaps argue we are a man light or at least we never replaced Kompan and Fernandinho is old and only got one year left and of course I want to gain ground on Liverpool So whilst I agree that we need to give Garcia, Adarabioyo and HWB shot. I am not sure how that matches with my previous comments the only way I can see is us getting a stop gap player or maybe loaning some of the youth players out which we do not like doing and then buying someone and them then coming back in a years time and replacing Fernandiho and perhaps even Stones if he has not regained his form.

Can you clarify what it is you want to happen ? Otamendi was on his way out this year and before Corona we would have wanted to get rid of this summer. We clearly struggled at CB this both with injuries and form. You could perhaps argue we are a man light or at least we never replaced Kompan and Fernandinho is old and only got one year left and of course I want to gain ground on Liverpool So whilst I agree that we need to give Garcia, Adarabioyo and HWB shot. I am not sure how that matches with my previous comments the only way I can see is us getting a stop gap player or maybe loaning some of the youth players out which we do not like doing and then buying someone and them then coming back in a years time and replacing Fernandiho and perhaps even Stones if he has not regained his form.
Personally I'd be happy to go with 5 CB's; Laporte, Stones, Ake, Adaradiayo and Garcia.

Ake or someone similar (left footed/left sided CB/LB), to cover for Laporte and Mendy if we play a back four and to give us the option of playing a back three while keeping our best CB Laporte in the middle. Ake has also played in central midfield for Bournemouth (it's actually his preferred position), do he could easily play as an inverted fullback if we need a more defensive option on that left hand side.

Right side I think between Stones, Adaradiayo and Garcia we have three very good CB's to compete for that position, one of those will emerge as a standout to play alongside Laporte. I think Garcia is good enough now, he lacks a bit of pace but his reading of the game, positional awareness and leadership (at 19) is just mind-blowing. I think Adaradiayo has everything to be just as good as Garcia too, he's always had the ability, he just needed to fill out physically and gain some confidence and maturity to his play and the loan spell at Rovers may very well have done the trick.

If none of those three emerge as a standout partner for Laporte then we look to the market but I don't think we need to at present.

Personally I'd be happy to go with 5 CB's; Laporte, Stones, Ake, Adaradiayo and Garcia.

Ake or someone similar (left footed/left sided CB/LB), to cover for Laporte and Mendy if we play a back four and to give us the option of playing a back three while keeping our best CB Laporte in the middle. Ake has also played in central midfield for Bournemouth (it's actually his preferred position), do he could easily play as an inverted fullback if we need a more defensive option on that left hand side.

Right side I think between Stones, Adaradiayo and Garcia we have three very good CB's to compete for that position, one of those will emerge as a standout to play alongside Laporte. I think Garcia is good enough now, he lacks a bit of pace but his reading of the game, positional awareness and leadership (at 19) is just mind-blowing. I think Adaradiayo has everything to be just as good as Garcia too, he's always had the ability, he just needed to fill out physically and gain some confidence and maturity to his play and the loan spell at Rovers may very well have done the trick.

If none of those three emerge as a standout partner for Laporte then we look to the market but I don't think we need to at present.

So you want one new CB and the person you where arguing with saying he wanted too many shiny new CB also wants one new CB so why did you argue with him ?

So you want one new CB and the person you where arguing with saying he wanted too many shiny new CB also wants one new CB so why did you argue with him ?
No one is arguing with anybody. A few posters want a new 'starting' RCB to partner Laporte, despite us having multiple options in that position. LCB we have Laporte and that's it, Pep has said a left footed CB helps hugely in our build-up play and with Laporte's injuries, a backup makes more sense, especially one who can cover a weak LB position too.

No one is arguing with anybody. A few posters want a new 'starting' RCB to partner Laporte, despite us having multiple options in that position. LCB we have Laporte and that's it, Pep has said a left footed CB helps hugely in our build-up play and with Laporte's injuries, a backup makes more sense, especially one who can cover a weak LB position too.

How is Ake a back up ? I don’t see the difference between you wanting Ake and the poster you said wanted too many shiny toys who wanted this guy

How is Ake a back up ? I don’t see the difference between you wanting Ake and the poster you said wanted too many shiny toys who wanted this guy
You clearly want an argument because I've already explained this and why, so go away.

Looks like some people have already forgotten about the masterpiece performances that Otamendi and Stones have produced this season. Give them extensions and let calamity continue. Fuck getting a right sided CB, we don’t need CL or PL.

Exactly, both Otamendi and Stones are absolutely shit and we need to spend about 100 million on two CBs.

but not gambles like this. Txiki needs to go out and fix the defence for good. We have taken enough expensive gambles that have not worked out. Mangala, Stones and Otamendi to lesser extent.

Exactly, both Otamendi and Stones are absolutely shit and we need to spend about 100 million on two CBs.

but not gambles like this. Txiki needs to go out and fix the defence for good. We have taken enough expensive gambles that have not worked out. Mangala, Stones and Otamendi to lesser extent.
CB is probably the hardest position to fill especially in the way we play. In the Barca doc Take the Ball Pass the Ball they talk about Dmytro Chygrynskiy who was really good with the ball at his feet and struggled in that team. It's a hard system to grasp and exposes the CB's. Add the fact that the CB needs to be strong enough to deal with the PL. We need at least 1 CB no doubt, but we better make sure we get the right one. This is why I'd like Pau Torres. He knows how to play with the ball at his feet and I feel can take to our system like how Laporte did.

Proven centre backs wont sit on the bench so a young cb this guy and one proven upamacano or koulibaly .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.