Bournemouth (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I'm a bit worried about Haaland though and I'm assuming he isn't fully fit yet. he just seems to be missing chance after chance at the minute. I'm sure in a couple of weeks he will be hammering them in!
I'm not worried, he's only just come back plus he's just been going through some personal issues and he's still playing himself back to fitness and into form.

He has scored some good goals and missed some sitters since he's been back, but his speed on the break is there so he just needs to tune his shot and work on his heading.
I thought he played well yesterday, he was involved in the game, set up Phil's goal and was unlucky in the 2nd half when his shot hit the keeper's arm.

I think he will too!

I'm glad I predicted a City win - and I was partly right with 1 goal.
I'll shine my crystal ball a bit more this week though - I predicted 5-1 for City; maybe it was showing me the derby result!
What a game of 2 halves - all City at first, then increasingly Bournemouth in the 2nd half. 2 or 3 of theirs looked really impressive. Hopefully our big game players will turn up and perform from now on, and be inspired by all the big games coming up.

Spot on.

My only worry is whether we'll have enough in the tank. The new players will have to step up.

We looked tired in the 2nd half yesterday and a bit flat in periods vs Everton and Brentford.

That said, I think our players have been prepared to peak in the final months. Might be wrong, but I think both Arsenal and Liverpool have been playing to their limits (and beyond, given the wave of injuries now in Liverpool...).

Due to previous injuries and being sidelined for weeks or months, the likes of Stones, Akanji, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Doku, Haaland, KDB...(it's incredible we are so well positioned with injuries to those players and Rodri's suspensions) should be relatively fresh for the run in. Nunes, Lewis and Bobb as well. Rodri and Bernardo should be rested at every opportunity. Scoring more goals in the first 60 minutes or so can help us a lot.
Rodri, Stones Haaland and KDB if they can keep fit and refreshed we have a chance, Rodri is the main worry, he looks unsurprisingly gassed , but if he can continue the superhuman effort we are always in with a shout.

It's the loss of Mahrez that's hurting us the most, imo.
We haven't replaced the amount of goals and assists that he gave us and then to compound that, we sold his replacement Palmer.

We definitely need to address that position in the summer.
No doubt City are aware.

We no longer have anyone who plays wide right. Phil and Bernardo are better utilised in the middle. Kyle Walker has pushed up with little threat or end product whilst exposing his flank defensively.

The imbalance means we tend to go through the left where we have Grealish, Doku (neither noted goalscorers) and even Bobb making defending against us much easier and why goals are harder to come by.

bet 365 offered 2/1 for a bet builder of haaland and foden each to have over 0.5 shots on target and rodders to commit over 0.5 fouls in the game, after 24 mins the shots on target part of the bet was up which left rodders 70 min to commit one foul so i kept my eye on him and i don't think iv'e ever seen him let so many players breeze past him in midfield without making any kind of tackle, very strange, has he ever played a full game for us without commiting one foul, not a booking, just a foul
He might have been told to watch his tackles/fouls as hes on 7 yellows and could get a 2 match ban if he reaches 10 before game 32 which I think is Palace away

He might have been told to watch his tackles/fouls as hes on 7 yellows and could get a 2 match ban if he reaches 10 before game 32 which I think is Palace away
There was a moment in the game second half when Bournemouth broke away and he goes to pull the player back and clearly stops himself. 100% been told to curb the cynical/wasteful bookings.

Last edited:
bet 365 offered 2/1 for a bet builder of haaland and foden each to have over 0.5 shots on target and rodders to commit over 0.5 fouls in the game, after 24 mins the shots on target part of the bet was up which left rodders 70 min to commit one foul so i kept my eye on him and i don't think iv'e ever seen him let so many players breeze past him in midfield without making any kind of tackle, very strange, has he ever played a full game for us without commiting one foul, not a booking, just a foul
You were very unlucky there. Remember towards the end someone leaving him for dead just inside their half. First time i’ve seen him not pull someone back there. Obviously really on his mind to not get booked before our bug games coming up. Make it back at Anfield. He’s almost certain to get booked in that one!

There was a moment in the game second half when Bournemouth broke away and he goes to pull the player back and clearly stop himself. 100% been told to curb the cynical/wasteful bookings.
and quite right too, sometimes players from all clubs now do this tactical foul thing when it's not an advantage to do so. They sometimes do this when their Centre Halves are in a good covering position - just a bad habit throughout the game by some DCM's Rodri included.

He has been very good recently not picking up silly bookings but he still needs to be careful.
Game 27 - Scum
Game 28 - Dippers
Game 29 - Brighton may be moved if either team in FA Cup
Game 30 - Arse
Game 31 - Villa
Game 32 - Palace
If the Brighton game is moved and played after April 13 then Luton becomes the 32nd game. In theory he can pick up two more bookings but then he really is walking the tightrope.

I was at the game behind the goal in the south stand, and I can tell you that Haaland never got a clear chance in the second half due to excellent defending, nothing else. He was frustrated and I think Pep thought Alvarez might give Bournemouth different problems. The miss in the first half was from his weaker right foot, but I agree he would have put it away normally. He needs a hat trick to get his confidence back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.