Bournemouth (A) Post Match Thread

Do you think we can do more with the corner kicks?

We'd be better off I think taking every corner short. We had 14 in this game. The irony is that we are probably more dangerous from opposition corners where they have defenders out of position and we can play though them on the counter.
I always like our short corners when Silva gets the first pass. For example, KDB might take it, pass short to Silva, the opposition focus on Silva, their defenders in the 6 yard box push out a bit, meanwhile KDB gets himself onside for the through ball and he’s then behind the defence and inside the box. We used to do this loads. We even used to do it loads with Silva and Milner of all people. Not so much lately though.

I always like our short corners when Silva gets the first pass. For example, KDB might take it, pass short to Silva, the opposition focus on Silva, their defenders in the 6 yard box push out a bit, meanwhile KDB gets himself onside for the through ball and he’s then behind the defence and inside the box. We used to do this loads. Not so much lately.
Short corner and get Mahrez or Bernardo to hit it hard and low to cause havoc through a packed penalty box. I think our set-pieces are OK but for us it's not as big an advanatge as for other clubs as we are a small quick side, rather than a powerful side.

right on. i never saw a team have 18% possession with no shot attempts and not even a single corner. total anti football

and yet last season Newcastle were slated for these kind of tactics against us, It seems golden boy Howe is above criticism. No shots, no corners nothing. Pep could have taken Eddie off and put a striker on he had so little to do.

Watched this on a Canadian channel with perfect quality and all you could hear was the away fans. Well done yesterday you did us proud! Atmosphere sounded great from home.

The only thing I can say is we should take advantage of our corners, easiest way to beat a park the bus team

we are a small squad and corners and free kicks are something we are not good at because the lack of height, but we do still score every now and then from them, like i said we have worked out a way off beating teams that park the bus by going wide but with aguero the only target sometimes we lack numbers in the box

for me anyway having a second striker when teams park the bus give you a better chance when they have 2 banks of 5 in a line defending, instead of having both silva's KDB sterling maybe one of them can sit on the bench and play jesus, even play 3 at the back you still have the wing backs and sterling and b.silva out wide

you could line up something like Stones. Kompany. Otamendi, walker. Zinchenko, Gündogan silva sterling aguero jesus, and still have players wide and another body in the box, but i trust pep and we won yesterday so pep was spot on with his setup and another 3 points in the bag, its that time of the season when teams are shutting up shop and will give nothing away and settle for a point or try and win a game on the break so you have to be on your game at the back

Zinchenko has to stay with us, he's not even playing in his natural position and hasn't put a foot wrong in his last two games + his attitude is brilliant, excellent player!
The young lads who keep jumping ship for a variety of reasons could do worse than look at this lads attitude, a credit to the game, himself and the club.

City did well , liked another goal or 2, there is always a worry a team could score s lucky deflection near the end no matter how dominant we were , but didn't matter at the end , good few days rest now , come on you toffees

I agree but if we’re still without Fern, Laporte, Mendy, Stones, and Kev by the time we play in the FA cup something has to give and although I’d love to win the FA cup I don’t want it at the expense of the other 2 competitions. Let’s hope we don’t have to face that dilemma.
Got to sadly agree, a scratch team can beat Swansea but we owe it to football to repeat the league title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.