Bournemouth (H) CC 3rd Round Pre-Match Thread

Prediction - Bournemouth (H) Carabao Cup 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this cup and I love City winning it, if folk think it should be taken off the calendar they need to get a grip, this is an old trophy and it’s worth winning, fucked off with self entitled people trying to fuck about with football history.. Get rid of the CL trophy, it has no history compared to our domestic stuff and it’s as corrupt as fuck...!!!!
Well said mate, been brilliant for us this competition past few years.

I love this cup and I love City winning it, if folk think it should be taken off the calendar they need to get a grip, this is an old trophy and it’s worth winning, fucked off with self entitled people trying to fuck about with football history.. Get rid of the CL trophy, it has no history compared to our domestic stuff and it’s as corrupt as fuck...!!!!
You show me a fan who thinks the League Cup "should go" or we "should play our kids" and I will show you a fan who wouldn't know his Colchester from his Lincoln, or his Bury (RIP) from his Mansfield. In other words a fan who doesn't realise where we were very recently (less than 25 years ago) and thinks it is now "beneath them". B0110cks is all I say to that. Long may the League Cup continue

I love this cup, I’m old enough to remember Tueart and the overhead kick, and great Wembley trips in recent years beating Chelsea, Arsenal, the victims, Villa and Sunderland, plus beating the rags in a semi, what is not to love.

I love this cup, I’m old enough to remember Tueart and the overhead kick, and great Wembley trips in recent years beating Chelsea, Arsenal, the victims, Villa and Sunderland, plus beating the rags in a semi, what is not to love.
Indeed the first & for many years what I thought would be the only thing I'd ever see us win in the flesh.

So we play Monday, Thursday and Sunday. Utter joke the way fixtures have been scheduled. Why have any Monday games when there are league cup games to be played.

So that's 2 games in 3 days for Palace if they play us.
Not sure how it works but it will be streamed live on carabaocup.live as read on city website. How you do this I don’t know just tried a search and checked some games out. One example is Blackburn they have to be registered with the club and pay £10. Not sure it’s going to be a simple click and watch job any one know more or do we expect the club to make a full announcement closer to next Thursday

That '76 League Cup final was all we had to cling to until Bobby tore that fucking banner down in 2011.

On another note, we've won the League Cup five times in the last seven seasons, and not once has Sty shown our first match as holders.

It's a fucking disgrace!

Why is everyone getting upset with Sky for not showing our game ... when they haven't even picked the ties for our (third) round yet?

The only thing that has been confirmed is that we'd play on Thursday, which makes sense because we have league games on Monday before and Sunday after so the most logical choice of day. Would inconvenience our opponents whoever that is with this scheduling but hey ho, let their fans complain about that.

To clarify, the only thing that was announced was that out of the 32 ties in the second round (being played this midweek) Sky would show 4 instead of the usual 2 games live. Same would apply in next two rounds till we get to quarter finals ... previously Sky would show only 2 games each round till the Final, this year they've changed to 4 every round so that covers all games from QF onwards stage.

Till then, in next three rounds, rounds 2, 3 and 4 when there are 32, 16 and 8 ties being played, Sky is showing 4 of them LIVE and ALL the rest would be available via Sky/Carabao Cup website to stream for £10 each. Because there would be no fans allowed this is for this season only so this speial arrangement has been made and all revenue from those TV passes is split between the two playing clubs (like normal game tickets would be) ...

Sky has picked 4 games for round 2, which are as follows:

Tuesday 15 September
Burton Albion v Aston Villa - 7:45pm

Wednesday 16 September
West Bromwich Albion v Harrogate Town - 6pm
Everton v Salford City - 8:15pm

Thursday 17 September
Brighton & Hove Albion v Portsmouth - 7:45pm

Now once this round is over and we actually know what the next 16 ties are for round 3, maybe we should all calm down and not blame Sky for not showing us, when they haven't even picked ANY ties for that round yet.

And if Sky doesn't pick us ... highly unlikely, as due to our league fixtures, we'd be playing on Thursday and most other ties would be played on Tue/Wed so like Sky has chosen 4 games over all three days Tue/Wed/Thu in this round, it's very likely that we would be the live game on Thursday ... but still, if Sky doesn't pick us then you have the option of paying £10 on Carabao's website on Sky's and watch the game live and £5 of that would be going straight to City and other £5 to the team we play against ...

PS. No, I don't work for Sky or own any shares in the company ... I just thought would clarify what the actual situation is before people going on reading something somewhere and just basing their comments on that ...

Why is everyone getting upset with Sky for not showing our game ... when they haven't even picked the ties for our (third) round yet?

The only thing that has been confirmed is that we'd play on Thursday, which makes sense because we have league games on Monday before and Sunday after so the most logical choice of day. Would inconvenience our opponents whoever that is with this scheduling but hey ho, let their fans complain about that.

To clarify, the only thing that was announced was that out of the 32 ties in the second round (being played this midweek) Sky would show 4 instead of the usual 2 games live. Same would apply in next two rounds till we get to quarter finals ... previously Sky would show only 2 games each round till the Final, this year they've changed to 4 every round so that covers all games from QF onwards stage.

Till then, in next three rounds, rounds 2, 3 and 4 when there are 32, 16 and 8 ties being played, Sky is showing 4 of them LIVE and ALL the rest would be available via Sky/Carabao Cup website to stream for £10 each. Because there would be no fans allowed this is for this season only so this speial arrangement has been made and all revenue from those TV passes is split between the two playing clubs (like normal game tickets would be) ...

Sky has picked 4 games for round 2, which are as follows:

Tuesday 15 September
Burton Albion v Aston Villa - 7:45pm

Wednesday 16 September
West Bromwich Albion v Harrogate Town - 6pm
Everton v Salford City - 8:15pm

Thursday 17 September
Brighton & Hove Albion v Portsmouth - 7:45pm

Now once this round is over and we actually know what the next 16 ties are for round 3, maybe we should all calm down and not blame Sky for not showing us, when they haven't even picked ANY ties for that round yet.

And if Sky doesn't pick us ... highly unlikely, as due to our league fixtures, we'd be playing on Thursday and most other ties would be played on Tue/Wed so like Sky has chosen 4 games over all three days Tue/Wed/Thu in this round, it's very likely that we would be the live game on Thursday ... but still, if Sky doesn't pick us then you have the option of paying £10 on Carabao's website on Sky's and watch the game live and £5 of that would be going straight to City and other £5 to the team we play against ...

PS. No, I don't work for Sky or own any shares in the company ... I just thought would clarify what the actual situation is before people going on reading something somewhere and just basing their comments on that ...

All cost are taken out of the £10 including a cut to the streaming service , VAT, staging costs, away team costs, before the revenue is split 45 45 10 as normal.

With some clubs there will be very little revenue to split, for the bigger clubs/games it will still be less than £3 a club, as it is the clubs paying to put on the broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.