Bournemouth (H) - CC 3rd Round Post-match Thread

I don't know what sort of team Bournemouth fielded, whether it was sprinkled with a few 'kids' but we had second goalie, kids at the back, kids up front, and kids in the middle. And last season Bournemouth were a premier side.

The young lad Delap reminds me very much of Negredo with a fair slice of Shearer! Just got to make sure he doesn't land on his shoulder in a game.

no sold to united

but was finished by the age of 28 because of the amount of games he was made to play at a young age
But his myth played on for 2-3 years as Captain of a poor England team. Playing on for the rags or anyone else doesnt bother me.

How'd Adriàn look? Any update on the extent of his injury? From the photos looked like some sort of contusion or trauma to the shin
Struggled being out of position and was probably going to get more exposed as game went on. May be being unkind here but I think he welcomed the chance to go off. At least we know he can be struck from the list of options at LB. He cant manage it like we found Zinchenko can, so it was a valuable exercise from that point of view

no sold to united

but was finished by the age of 28 because of the amount of games he was made to play at a young age

you say that, but from 16 to 28 he was o e of the best players in England. Won everything and was integral.

there was no way Rooney wasnt playing at a young age. he was too good to leave out. Imagine at the time the manager saying , ‘well he’s clearly one of the best players, but we aren’t going to play him as we want him to play when he’s 34’....wouldn’t make sense

Struggled being out of position and was probably going to get more exposed as game went on. May be being unkind here but I think he welcomed the chance to go off. At least we know he can be struck from the list of options at LB. He cant manage it like we found Zinchenko can, so it was a valuable exercise from that point of view

Cheers, I will take a look tonight - odd of course to play him at LB but Pep usually has his reasons. I think I can recall once when he fielded 10 midfielders in the outfield at Barca

I hope 3-4 youngsters will start again vs Burnley next round too. Usually as opponents get harder youth players play less, and then in semis/final they are not even in match squad.
Burnley away certainly is a harder fixture than yesterday one, but Doyle, Delap, Braaf, Harwood Bellis could still feature imo. Rest can be mixture of key players and bench players.

Let youngsters see if they perform well u21, u19, they have a chance to play with first team in some serious cup games maybe even league games.

you say that, but from 16 to 28 he was o e of the best players in England. Won everything and was integral.

there was no way Rooney wasnt playing at a young age. he was too good to leave out. Imagine at the time the manager saying , ‘well he’s clearly one of the best players, but we aren’t going to play him as we want him to play when he’s 34’....wouldn’t make sense

He was younger than 28 when the england manager complained about his weight and fergie turfed him to america after implying he was a bit of a fat twat from a family of fat twats....

Delap looks a good player and cool finish but the lad needs game time, maybe has to go on loan for a season or 2 because city are looking to win big trophies and the title and pep wants ready made strikers. can delap fill the gap for aguero this season NO, its not being hard on the lad but getting game time he is about 6th or 7th choice if be told ?

the one thing going for him is the size and the power for a young lad reminds me of a young rooney so maybe he could handle playing first team football but the pressure is another thing

great start for the lad and showing coolness when others would have smashed it over the bar shows he will be a very good player , but i would like him playing on loan in the championship even if its only for 12 months
Disagree entirely about sending Delap on loan. He can get significant minutes understudying Jesus and Kun while simultaneously integrating into our style of play AND bagging a few goals.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.