Bournemouth (H) - CC 3rd Round Post-match Thread

This was the first time I’ve missed a City match in some form or another in ages. I couldn’t find a foreign tv station that I could get, and Five Live and Talksport both had the scousers match on. I was right pee’d off. I nearly ended up paying the £10 to watch it on Carabao Cup live, but thought it was a rip off.

Rag.

you know what your spot on matey

maybe a control loan at a lower league club ? but he should learn at city and training and playing premier league 2 and youth football will be the way forward

If he reaches the point where he needs more senior games & can't get that at City, then he would have to go on loan. But he's only 17 & he's forcing his way into the thinking of our squad, on merit, right now.

If he reaches the point where he needs more senior games & can't get that at City, then he would have to go on loan. But he's only 17 & he's forcing his way into the thinking of our squad, on merit, right now.

yep
maybe the injury crisis at the moment will be a good thing for delap because city and pep have not much options
but short term maybe he can get game time and be amazing and score a shit load of goals, then pep can not drop him and he plays on credit and not because of a injury crisis

This was the first time I’ve missed a City match in some form or another in ages. I couldn’t find a foreign tv station that I could get, and Five Live and Talksport both had the scousers match on. I was right pee’d off. I nearly ended up paying the £10 to watch it on Carabao Cup live, but thought it was a rip off.
Well I paid my £10 and thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was great value

i think rooney at any other club could would have NOT been over hyped and protected and run after the officials ?
also better players at united made rooney stand out

fergie did over play rooney and should have been looked after at a younger age, for the past 5 years, rooney should be in his prime and bowing out like david silva

he wasn’t overhyped though. At 16 he was genuinely one of the best players in the league in my opinion. If he was at any other club he would have started

I don’t think Rooney or fergie have anything to complain about. Rooney won everything and overall had quite a long career at the top. 12 years of top level football and a few years back at Everton.

as I said it would have been ridiculous for fergie not to play him. ‘clearly one of the best players, but we won’t play him so he can play at 35’

he wasn’t overhyped though. At 16 he was genuinely one of the best players in the league in my opinion. If he was at any other club he would have started

I don’t think Rooney or fergie have anything to complain about. Rooney won everything and overall had quite a long career at the top. 12 years of top level football and a few years back at Everton.

as I said it would have been ridiculous for fergie not to play him. ‘clearly one of the best players, but we won’t play him so he can play at 35’

so pep was wrong with foden then ???

rooney was so over hyped and protected by the premier league and the FA it was unbelievable at times and got away with murder ? rooney was always running after the referee's time and time again moaning running the game
at everton one wonder goal vs arsenal and united pay £30million

look rooney was a good player but was at the right club because of the control united have over the officials running the game, the ref's would shit themselves when rooney got in their face and just go and watch what power fergie/rooney had over the officials ? rooney and united got to do what they liked the golden boy of english football ???

if rooney was that good at world level go and look at his record in world cups ?? i think its one goal at world cups hahah, boy wonders playing at 16 like rooney and owen and many others don't get to play later on in their careers its a simple fact

rooney and owen at 28 should have been ripping up world football for england and at 2 world cups from 28 to 32
but their league clubs demanded them play every game from 16 because they was special

Well I paid my £10 and thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was great value
Everyone sees value differently and if I’d paid for the 4 tickets for the match that I would have done would be more than a tenner and watching the younger ones on display was worth it. The stream was spot on and linked easily from the laptop to the tv. Would do it again.

You’re right there. People were saying to me he’ll rip it up in city’s team when we signed him. I was never sure he would have the predicted impact.

I think his limited willingness for pressing and tracking for the duration of a game, or any duration during a game, and the fact that his complete lack of willingness (not awareness) to pass to anyone in a better position than him, is the opposite of endearing to fans.

I feel another downside to Mahrez game is that him being in the team has reduced Aguero’s goal return since he’s come in, simply by not passing to the best finisher in the league, who’s worked his bollax off time and time again, to get into a position to receive the ball and score. Mahrez just refuses to pass. I mentioned Aguero cos he’s our all time, I want him to get as many as possible to try get Shearers record if he stays for another couple of seasons

Mahrez will score a few, and some will turn out to be important, but he doesn’t score enough for the amount of shots he takes, and half the time the shot is never even on. A lot of the important goals will come in games we should have and would have put to bed sooner had he not been a greedy shite.

his service is piss poor to non existent, and I think a lot of us are tired of looking at him shoot or cannon the ball into defenders to try play that stupid 1-2 with himself to try take another shot. Just pass the fucking ball, first time while it’s on. I struggle to think of anyone we’ve had in the squad In the last 25 years who’s as greedy as Mahrez. He slows our attack down every time too.

just to add to what you said, he has the tools to be, on his day, a quality individual player, but he’s a bad team player in my opinion. His belief exceeds his ability (not uncommon in a footballer) and his work rate and team ethic are way off. And all that billy big bollax stuff with him looking to take pens off the taker when he came into the team coincided with the start of the awful run we had of missing penalties. Players should be squabbling over who gets to take it.

He still doesn’t look part of our team for me. Dunno if it’s attitude/arrogance but he doesn’t look like he has a good rapport with his team mates, and f**k it, while I’m at it, I don’t like his haircut either... :P
My thoughts totally but don’t give a rats about his hair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.