Bournemouth (H) CC 3rd Round Pre-Match Thread

Prediction - Bournemouth (H) Carabao Cup 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All cost are taken out of the £10 including a cut to the streaming service , VAT, staging costs, away team costs, before the revenue is split 45 45 10 as normal.

With some clubs there will be very little revenue to split, for the bigger clubs/games it will still be less than £3 a club, as it is the clubs paying to put on the broadcast.

I don't know those details. I am only going by what's put out as an official statement on the Carabao Cup's official website ...

"Revenue generated from streaming Carabao Cup matches is split 50-50 between the Clubs involved. This would be the same as if fans were able to attend the match in person."

Anyway, the point of my post wasn't to dissect the £10 fee but that people calling "it's a disgrace" etc that we're not on TV when Sky hasn't even picked the ties for that round yet ...

Premier League teams join the Carabao Cup at the second-round stage this week knowing the tournament's winners will enter a new European competition.

The winners of this season's cup will not qualify for the Europa League as in the past, but will instead go into the Uefa Europa Conference League (UECL).

I don't know those details. I am only going by what's put out as an official statement on the Carabao Cup's official website ...

"Revenue generated from streaming Carabao Cup matches is split 50-50 between the Clubs involved. This would be the same as if fans were able to attend the match in person."

Anyway, the point of my post wasn't to dissect the £10 fee but that people calling "it's a disgrace" etc that we're not on TV when Sky hasn't even picked the ties for that round yet ...

The EFL is saying both teams get the same amount but suggesting 50/50 is a bit disingenuous as it never was, and is even less applicable now with the streaming company getting a decent cut, rather than Sky paying you to put on a game you are paying iFollow.

20.2 The proceeds of all matches (including replayed matches, admittance to the Visiting Club’s home ground where a beam back is provided and any revenue generated from streaming services) after paying thereout the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, costs incurred pursuant to Rule 14.6, costs incurred in providing a live streaming service and clearing the ground of snow, provided in the case of the last mentioned item the Visiting Club is notified in advance of the match in question of the approximate cost (such net proceeds being hereinafter referred to as ‘the Net Cup Competition Gate’) shall save as set out below be divided as follows:

20.2.1 45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match; and

20.2.2 10 per cent to the Cup Competition Pool

Premier League teams join the Carabao Cup at the second-round stage this week knowing the tournament's winners will enter a new European competition.

The winners of this season's cup will not qualify for the Europa League as in the past, but will instead go into the Uefa Europa Conference League (UECL).

Like the Intertoto but played all season - the prize a place in next year's europa league...

Why is everyone getting upset with Sky for not showing our game ... when they haven't even picked the ties for our (third) round yet?

The only thing that has been confirmed is that we'd play on Thursday, which makes sense because we have league games on Monday before and Sunday after so the most logical choice of day. Would inconvenience our opponents whoever that is with this scheduling but hey ho, let their fans complain about that.

To clarify, the only thing that was announced was that out of the 32 ties in the second round (being played this midweek) Sky would show 4 instead of the usual 2 games live. Same would apply in next two rounds till we get to quarter finals ... previously Sky would show only 2 games each round till the Final, this year they've changed to 4 every round so that covers all games from QF onwards stage.

Till then, in next three rounds, rounds 2, 3 and 4 when there are 32, 16 and 8 ties being played, Sky is showing 4 of them LIVE and ALL the rest would be available via Sky/Carabao Cup website to stream for £10 each. Because there would be no fans allowed this is for this season only so this speial arrangement has been made and all revenue from those TV passes is split between the two playing clubs (like normal game tickets would be) ...

Sky has picked 4 games for round 2, which are as follows:

Tuesday 15 September
Burton Albion v Aston Villa - 7:45pm

Wednesday 16 September
West Bromwich Albion v Harrogate Town - 6pm
Everton v Salford City - 8:15pm

Thursday 17 September
Brighton & Hove Albion v Portsmouth - 7:45pm

Now once this round is over and we actually know what the next 16 ties are for round 3, maybe we should all calm down and not blame Sky for not showing us, when they haven't even picked ANY ties for that round yet.

And if Sky doesn't pick us ... highly unlikely, as due to our league fixtures, we'd be playing on Thursday and most other ties would be played on Tue/Wed so like Sky has chosen 4 games over all three days Tue/Wed/Thu in this round, it's very likely that we would be the live game on Thursday ... but still, if Sky doesn't pick us then you have the option of paying £10 on Carabao's website on Sky's and watch the game live and £5 of that would be going straight to City and other £5 to the team we play against ...

PS. No, I don't work for Sky or own any shares in the company ... I just thought would clarify what the actual situation is before people going on reading something somewhere and just basing their comments on that ...
Your wrong Sky have picked the games,rags on Tuesday, Leicester game Wednesday and Liverpool game the night we play.

Your wrong Sky have picked the games,rags on Tuesday, Leicester game Wednesday and Liverpool game the night we play.

Not on Sky's site, not on CarabaoCup's site ... never before have they ever picked future round ties before the earlier round is finished ... so you're picking info from social media, which is what I said in my post, Sky hasn't even picked and people are up in arms about it getting false info from wherever.

Not on Sky's site, not on CarabaoCup's site ... never before have they ever picked future round ties before the earlier round is finished ... so you're picking info from social media, which is what I said in my post, Sky hasn't even picked and people are up in arms about it getting false info from wherever.
Getting fuck all from social media,my information is from Live footy on TV Site I've used for the last 10 years and the best.The sky site you use probably a week old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.