Bournemouth to sue Hawk-Eye tech (link in post)

I can understand their frustration with Hawkeye, but when the VAR system is in place for the reason of overturning clear and obvious errors, it is a disgrace that it was even possible for something like this to happen in the first place.

VAR is used in other leagues across Europe and we never hear of much controversy, if any from them.

Our English officials have taken a tried and tested system and broke it within 1 season. That tells you a lot about the state of our officiating compared to the rest of European refereeing standards.

VAR is used in other leagues across Europe and we never hear of much controversy, if any from them.

Our English officials have taken a tried and tested system and broke it within 1 season. That tells you a lot about the state of our officiating compared to the rest of European refereeing standards.
Not completely true, there have been some horrendous decisions in Italy at the very least.

Every single incorrect decision has a knock-in effect somewhere along the line, even not in the actual game between the teams that are playing where the decision was made.

I mentioned a few weeks back when we should have had a penalty at 2-0 up against Bournemouth that VAR wrongly didn’t give. I’d we’d gone 3-0 up in that game, Bournemouth probably wouldn’t have got in a position where they were pushing for an equaliser late in the game.

They could easily have ended up with a draw if they’d taken one of those late chances. That could have had huge ramifications for West Ham and Watford at the time and after that.

This one was a Hawkeye error or malfunction, not VAR. but VAR should have been allowed to have had a look at that, it was clearly over the line!

No they didn't. They said it was turned on and tested it at half time to prove it. The problem they admitted to was that their camera angles were obscured (or "occluded" to use their own terminology).
The commentator said right at the start of the second half that Hawkeye officials have admitted it wasn’t turned on and apologised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.